Summary: Looking for an easy guide to record screen and audio at the same time on Mac? Want to learn how to record video on a Mac? This post will help. You can record Mac screen using Quicktime or the best Mac screen recorder - FonePaw Screen Recorder, the top mirroring software - FonePaw ScreenMo.
To record Mac screen, you can use QuickTime screen recording. But if you need to record internal audio on Mac as well, QuickTime player is not good enough as the built-in recorder can only record the audio through external speakers and built-in microphone. Here we will introduce you two ways to record screen and audio at the same time on Mac. You can capture screen video with sound, including the system audio and voiceover.
- Method 1: QuickTime to Record Screen Video with Audio on Mac
- Method 2: Screen Recorder with Audio for Mac
- Method 3: Mirror Mac Screen to Windows and Capture its Activities
You May Like:
1. Begin QuickTime Screen Recording
Step 1 On your iMac, MacBook, use Finder to find QuickTime player and launch the program.
Step 2 Click File on the top menubar and choose New Screen Recording.
2. Choose Audio Sources for Screen Video
Step 1 On the Screen Recording box, click the down arrow icon next to the record button.
Step 2 On the drop-down menu. You can choose record audio from the internal microphone or an external microphone. If you don't need a high quality of sound, you may just record screen with audio from Mac's microphone.
Step 3 Click the red record button to start capturing the Mac screen with sound.
Note: To record system audio on Mac, you can use Soundflower with QuickTime screen recording. Soundflower is an audio system extension that allows an application to pass audio to another application. For example, you can select Soundflower as the output device for YouTube and choose Soundflower as the input device for YouTube. QuickTime will be able to record both screen and video of the YouTube streaming video on Mac.
3. Stop QuickTime Screen Recording
When you have captured everything you need with your Mac screen, you can click the record button again to stop the QuickTime screen recording. Or you can right-click on the QuickTime in the Dock and select Stop Recording.
Some users reported that Soundflower doesn't work on Mac OS Sierra. Since QuickTime cannot record internal audio without the help of a third-party application, why not replace QuickTime with a better Mac screen recorder?
FonePaw Screen Recorder can work as a great alternative for QuickTime. As a professional recorder for iMac, MacBook, the Screen Recorder is much more powerful than QuickTime.
Record screen along with the internal audio of your Mac;
Record Mac Screen with voiceover from the microphone;
Capture your screen with the webcam;
Add notes to the recorded video;
No extra application needed.
To record your own video on Mac, get started here.
1. Download and install FonePaw Screen Recorder for Mac. Then you can use the trial version to record 3-minute video or audio.
2. Please customize the region that you want to capture, turn on/off the microphone, adjust the volume and set up hotkeys, etc. When you get ready for recording, click the REC button.
3. Your Mac screen is being captured so you can do anything that you tend to show in the recordings. Besides, you can turn on the webcam to put yourself into the video.
4. As all things have been recorded, just hit the REC button again to stop capturing or use the hotkeys. Then, the video with audio that you have captured will be saved automatically. You can preview it and share to facebook/twitter.
Video Guide: Record Screen Activity with Audio on Mac
There is another tool called FonePaw ScreenMo to capture your Mac screen. It can mirror Mac screen to Windows PC monitor; project multiple device screens, e.g. the screens of MacBook, iPhone, iPad, to the same PC screen; then record the Mac desktop activities on Windows computer.
1. Airplay Mac Screen to PC
Step 1 Download FonePaw ScreenMo on PC and launch the program.
Step 2 Put your iMac/MacBook and a Windows PC on the same Wi-Fi.
Step 3 On the top menubar of Mac, click the Airplay icon and choose Airplay name of iOS Screen Recorder. The Mac screen will be presented on the PC.
2. Record Screen and Audio at the Same Time on Mac
Step 1 On the main window of iOS Screen recorder, tick "add an extra lossless quality audio-only Airplay receiver" under Advanced Setting, which allows you to record Mac screen video with high quality of sound.
Step 2 Click the record button to begin recording the Mac screen. Make sure you have enabled microphone.
Step 3 When you have done recording, click the record button again.
Step 4 A window will pop up, click Start Export to save the Mac screen video on the PC.
Now you can use these methods to record streaming video, streaming audio, Skype video call, etc. on Mac. Enjoy!
- Hot Articles
- How to Record Screen on Windows and Mac
- QuickTime Screen Recording Not Working on Mac
- How to Record FaceTime Calls on iPhone and Mac
- Best Screencasting Tool to Make Video Tutorials
- Guide to Install and Uninstall FonePaw Screen Recorder for Windows
- Fraps for Mac: Alternative Screen Recorder & FPS Counter to Fraps on mac
- No Lag Screen Recorder for PC, Mac, iPhone and Android
- Best 5 Screen Recording Software for Mac
- Download Bandicam for Mac to Capture Screen on Mac
- How to Download and Rip Amazon Prime Video on PC and Mac
- How to Download Netflix Episodes and Movies on Mac
- How to Record Webinar on Windows PC and Mac