To record Mac screen, the most common method is to use QuickTime screen recording. But if you need to record internal audio on Mac as well, QuickTime player is not good enough because the built-in recorder can only record the audio through external speakers and built-in microphone. Here we will introduce you three easy ways to record screen and audio at the same time on Mac. You can capture screen video with sound, including the system audio and voiceover.
Since QuickTime cannot record internal audio without the help of a third-party application, why not replace QuickTime with a better Mac screen recorder?
Here we highly recommend FonePaw Screen Recorder. As a professional recorder for iMac, MacBook, it can meet many of your screen recording needs such as and serve as a reliable QuickTime alternative.
- Record screen along with the internal audio of your Mac;
- Record Mac Screen with voiceover from the microphone;
- Record Gameplay easily and efficiently
- Capture your screen with the webcam;
- Add notes to the recorded video;
- No extra application needed.
Here's how to use FonePaw Screen Recorder to screen record on Mac with sound.
Step 1. Download and install FonePaw Screen Recorder for Mac
The trial version lets all users record 3-minute of each video or audio to test its effect.
Step 2. Adjust Recording Settings
Customize the region that you want to capture, turn on/off the microphone, adjust the volume, and set up hotkeys, etc. When you get ready for recording, click the REC button.
- To gain a high-quality audio of your microphone, you may enable the microphone noise cancellation and microphone enhancement feature.
Step 3. Record Screen with Voice on Mac
Your Mac screen is being captured so you can do anything that you tend to show in the recordings. Besides, you can turn on the webcam to put yourself into the video. Both the system sound on Mac and your microphone sound can be clearly recorded.
Step 4. Save Screen Recording File on Mac
As all things have been recorded, just hit the REC button again to stop capturing or use the hotkeys. Then, the video with audio that you have captured will be saved automatically. You can preview it and share to Facebook and Twitter.
Video Guide: Record Screen Activity with Audio on Mac
1. Use QuickTime Screen Recording with Audio
On your iMac, MacBook, use Finder to locate QuickTime player and launch the program.
Click File on the top menubar and choose New Screen Recording.
2. Choose Audio Sources for Screen Video
On the Screen Recording box, click the down arrow icon next to the record button.
On the drop-down menu. You can choose record audio from the internal microphone or an external microphone. If you don't need a high quality of sound, you may just record screen with audio from Mac's microphone.
Click the red record button to start capturing the Mac screen with sound.
- To record system audio on Mac, you can use Soundflower with QuickTime screen recording. Soundflower is an audio system extension that allows an application to pass audio to another application. For example, you can select Soundflower as the output device for YouTube and choose Soundflower as the input device for YouTube. QuickTime will be able to record both screen and video of the YouTube streaming video on Mac.
3. Stop QuickTime Screen Recording
When you have captured everything you need with your Mac screen, you can click the record button again to stop the QuickTime screen recording. Or you can right-click on the QuickTime in the Dock and select Stop Recording.
- Some users reported that Soundflower doesn't work on Mac OS Sierra. If this problem is happening on your Mac, you may also try out this professional screen recorder for Mac.
If you have two computers, but feeling annoyed to find a fesible screen recording tool for Mac, the ultimate solution is to mirror your Mac screen to Windows and capture on Windows.
The assisted tool we recommend is FonePaw ScreenMo It can mirror Mac screen to Windows PC monitor and project multiple device screens including the screens of MacBook, iPhone, iPad, to the same PC screen. Launch the software and then you can record the Mac desktop activities on your Windows computer.
Here's a detailed guide.
1. Airplay Mac Screen to PC
STEP 1. Download FonePaw ScreenMo on PC and launch the program.
STEP 2. Put your iMac/MacBook and a Windows PC on the same Wi-Fi.
STEP 3. On the top menu bar of Mac, click the Airplay icon and choose the Airplay name of iOS Screen Recorder. The Mac screen will be presented on the PC.
2. Record Screen and Audio at the Same Time on Mac
STEP 1. On the main window of iOS Screen recorder, check the "add an extra lossless quality audio-only Airplay receiver" option under Advanced Setting, which allows you to record Mac screen video with high quality of sound.
STEP 2. Click the record button to begin recording the Mac screen. Make sure you have enabled the microphone.
STEP 3. When you have done recording, click the record button again.
STEP 4. A window will pop up, click Start Export to save the Mac screen video on the PC.
Above all are some viable methods to record Mac with audio. Try out software such as FonePaw Screen Recorder, and it should save you more time and energy to do screen recording on Mac. But if you prefer using native tools on Mac, QuickTime is also a reliable option.