Best 5 Screen Recording Software for Mac
Screen recording software is widely used in all walks of life as video tutorials are good presentations to show others a project. Searching the Internet, and you will find there are plenty of screen recorders out there but vary in functionalities. Following are 5 best screen recording software for Mac we select for you. You can choose one that suits your particular need to record any screen area of your Mac computer with audio.
FonePaw Screen Recorder for Mac
FonePaw Screen Recorder is a powerful and easy-to-use screen capture software for Mac computer running on Mac OS X 10.9 or above. It can not only capture screencast or screenshot, but also record screen or webcam video. Its useful editing tools allow users to make their video more intuitive and attractive.
1. It allows users to record screen along with webcam and audio on your Mac.
2. Recording audio or webcam video only is also supported.
3. It supports hotkeys to capture screen videos and images.
4. Real-time editing is supported which saves you trouble of editing after recording.
5. You can take snapshot at any time during the recoding process.
6. Export video and image in MP4 and PNG with high quality so that the recorded videos can not only play on Mac but also on any other devices.
7. No time limit to free version.
8. Ad-free. No popups windows interrupt your recording.
9. Powerful functions are offered at a reasonable price.
1. It can only work with computer.
2. Though users can choose to record screen along with webcam before recording, they cannot turn on the webcam at any time during the recording process.
Quick Time Player is the default video player on Mac. Despite being a video player it can also be used as a screen recording software easily. You can choose the entire desktop or the selected area for recording on Mac computer.
1. Without downloading other application, you can record the entire desktop or a selected area of your Mac screen along with audio.
2. Recording audio alone is also supported. QuickTime Player also offers several options for editing your recorded video, including trim, split, cut/copy/paste/delete,and flip/rotate the screen videos.
3. After recoding, you can share the recorded videos by Mail, Messages, AirDrop, YouTube, and other methods.
1. The editing functions are simple and basic. For example, though it allows users to trim the video, it can only remove the unwanted beginning or ending part of the video.
2. The recorded video can only be saved in limited formats supported by Apple.
3. Cannot record system sound from Mac computer.
4. For users who care much about video quality, QuickTime Play might fail to meet the need.
With powerful features and an intuitive interface, Camtasia allows you to create and share remarkable videos with minimal effort.
1. It allows you to record anything—your whole screen, a window, added video, images, audio, PowerPoint presentations, etc. on iMac and MacBook.
2. A simple timeline makes editing video easy. Users can combine or split clips, trim, speed up or slow down footage.
3. Users can polish their recorded video by adding highlights, animation, titles, transitions, etc. All you need to do is simply dragging and dropping the effects onto the timeline.
4. In addition to recording videos, Camtasia also lets you import HD video into your recording from an external source, so that you can make further editing on it.
1. Users have to sign in before using the product.
2. The trial version is only free for 30 days.
3. It is quite pricy. It is offered for a price of $99.
Screenflow boasts that it has the best quality screen capture available, even when viewed on Retina Displays. It can help you capture any part of the Mac screen and create professional-looking video.
1. Powerful editing tools allow you to edit after recording is done.
2. Closed caption is supported. Users can use ScreenFlow's caption editor tool to add, edit and publish ADA compliant soft subtitles to the videos.
3. The recorded video can be exported to animated GIF.
1. Videos created with free version are watermarked.
2. It costs $129, which is quite pricy and you even need to pay extra fee to upgrade from previous versions.
Apowersoft Screen Recorder
Apowersoft is a very handy screen capture software for Mac. It can record all types of activities on your Mac screen including video stream, self-demonstration, live chat and more. Its flexible design enables you to create different kinds of videos.
1. It allows you to add personal watermark to the recorded video.
2. Aside from recording screen with audio simultaneously, you can also add webcam into screen recording for creating instructional video.
3. Its task scheduler enables users to set different recording tasks, presetting the recording time, recording mode and choose whether or not to record audio and webcam.
1. Though it is functional, its video quality is a bit low, especially when recording from the webcam.
2.Users complain its random popups of guidance covering the entire video.
3.It is not cost-effective, for the paid version costs $39.95.
- Hot Articles
- How to Record Screen on Windows and Mac
- 3 Easy Ways to Record Mac Screen with Audio
- [2 Ways] How to Mirror Mac Screen to Apple TV
- How to Record Skype Calls on Mac, Windows and iPhone
- How to Take Screenshots and Screen Videos on macOS Mojave
- Fraps for Mac: Alternative Screen Recorder & FPS Counter to Fraps on mac
- Top 5 Game Recorders for PC (2018)
- How to Record PS4 Gameplay with/without Capture Card
- Top 3 Ways to Record Gameplay on Steam