iPhone Ringtone Maker: How to Make Ringtones for iPhone
This picture may be not new: you are walking in the crowd and suddenly an iPhone starts ringing. Probably this is the moment when several people around you start fumbling in their pocket and have a quick glance at their iPhone. It is really annoying especially when most of time it is not you who is receiving a call, isn't it? The best way to solve this problem is to make a custom iPhone ringtone.
When it comes to making ringtones for iPhone, here's a hard question that you must transfer files to the M4R format (and not MP3s) in order for your iPhone to "see" the track as a ringtone and not as a song.Don't worry! FonePaw iOS Transfer can help you to convert MP3/MVA audio files to M4R format files automatically. With it, you can also make ringtones on your computer and then transfer files from computer to iPhone. Moreover, this software supports almost all iPhone models and other iOS devices (iPad, iPod touch).
Part 1: How to Add Ringtones to iPhone with FonePaw iOS Transfer
1. Download, install and launch FonePaw iOS Transfer on your computer
Free download the trial version of the program by clicking the icon below. There are both Windows version and Mac version. Choose the right one for your computer. After downloading, install and launch the program on your computer.
2. Connect iPhone to the computer
After starting the program, please connect iPhone 7/ 6s or other models to the computer with USB cord. Your device will be recognized quickly.
3. Add ringtone to iPhone and convert audio files to M4R ringtone
Go to the left panel of the program, click "Media" tab, and highlight "Ringtone" on the top menu of right panel. Now, click "Add" to bring up the file browser window and get access to the folder where you save the audio files that you want to convert to ringtones. Click "Open" to add them to your iPhone 5/5s/6/6s.
4. Set a custom iPhone ringtone on iPhone
Once you successfully added your custom ringtone to your iPhone you can set it like this:
On your iPhone go to "Settings > Sounds > Ringtone" and select the ringtone. Usually you will find all custom ringtones on top of the ringtone list.
Part 2: Make Ringtones for iPhone using iTunes
1. Open iTunes and find that song that you want to make a ringtone out of.
2. Right click the song. In the drop down menu, choose Get Info. This brings up a small window. Click the Options tab, enter the start time and stop time for the ringtone and tick them. Then, click OK.
3. Head back to iTunes library and right-click on the song you just edited. In the drop-down menu, select "Create AAC version".
4. Now right click on your song snippet, and click on "Show in Windows Explorer" (for Windows). Rename the file type from .m4a to .m4r, and give it a different name. After you've renamed the extension to .m4r, head back to iTunes and check the "Tones" section. Your new ringtone should be out there.
5. Sync your iPhone. While still in your iPhone menu on iTunes, go to Tones and select Sync Tones. Then hit "Sync" or "Apply".
That's it! Now, you own your coolest ringtone you make on your iPhone. You can either use iTunes or FonePaw iOS Transfer to make ringtones for iPhone. Besides making ringtones for iPhone, FonePaw iOS Transfer also enables you to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone or from iPhone to iTunes/Computer easily.
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Transfer from iDevice to PC
- Copy from PC to iDevice
- Switch to New Device
- Sync iPhone to New PC
- Photos from iPhone to iPhone
- Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- Music from iPhone to iPhone
- Backup iDevice