Since you're here, you must be looking for a way to save YouTube videos or audio on your PC. Well, YouTube doesn't provide any download button or a webcam feature to record YouTube videos. So, when you want to save the YouTube Live Stream or record videos or music from YouTube, it's helpful if you have an easy but powerful YouTube recorder. Luckily, in this post, we will specify how to record YouTube Videos on PC. Go on!
- Downloading YouTube videos is a violation of the YouTube Terms of Service, and the videos you download or record from YouTube should not be for business use.
FonePaw Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use but powerful desktop YouTube recorder that can capture videos/audio from YouTube in high quality. There are more than 8 reasons why we like to use it to record a YouTube video on PC.
- Record YouTube videos with/without system audio and microphone sound. Help you make a brilliant tutorial or reaction video.
- No recording time limit. Feel free to record YouTube videos or YouTube Live Stream for hours.
- Support scheduled recording, Able to end recording automatically, saving your time of waiting up beside the computer for the recording to finish.
- Record audio only so that you can rip music from YouTube.
- Record YouTube videos in multiple formats, including GIF, MP4, MOV, WMV, TS, AVI, F4V.
- Capture audio from YouTube to MP3, M4A, AAC, WMA.
- Capture still images from YouTube videos.
- Record YouTube gameplay videos up to 60fps.
- As a multifunctional screen recorder, FonePaw Screen Recorder is not only very suitable for capturing YouTube videos/audios on PC, but can also be used for screen recording and make your own videos. When doing screen recording, the recorder provides you tools to annotate, track mouse action, and share screen capture with your friends via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. (For more information, take a look at: Introduction—FonePaw Screen Recorder.)
Now, free download it and follow the steps to get videos from YouTube.
Step One: Start YouTube Recorder on PC
Play the video that you want to record on YouTube. Then enter the "Video Recorder" on FonePaw Screen Recorder.
Step Two: Select YouTube Window to Record
A rectangle of blue dotted lines and a floating control panel will appear. Click the arrow-cross icon in the center of the rectangle to drag it over the YouTube playback screen. Then adjust the border until the rectangle perfectly fits the playback screen.
If you play the YouTube video in full screen, simply click the arrow down button in Display and choose to record in full screen.
- Moreover, if you want to record the YouTube video only, you can try "Lock and Record Window" in Advanced Recorder (Under the “REC” button). As the name indicates, this function can lock the recording area to avoid the disturbing activities of other windows. (Record Video of a Specific Application Window)
Before starting recording, it’s suggested that you click the gear icon and go to "Preferences" > "Output". Then you can customize output settings such as in what format and quality you would like to save the YouTube video, where to save the videos, whether to include mouse action in the recording, etc.
Step Three: Record YouTube Videos on PC
Turn on System Sound to make sure the recorder captures the audio in the video. Then click the REC button to start recording. While recording, a control panel will show up (unless you have enabled "Hide float bar during recording" in Settings), where you can pause or stop the recording.
If you need to stop the recording automatically when the YouTube video ends, click the timer icon and enter the video length to schedule a recording.
- While recording the YouTube videos, there are annotation tools that let you make some simple editing such as draw, write on the video.
Step Four: Preview, Save, and Share YouTube Video
Once the YouTube video is recorded, click the red square button to stop. You can preview the recorded YouTube video, trim it, and save it locally or share it on social media in just a few clicks.
If you accidentally close the program before you save the recording, you can restore it after you enabled the YouTube recorder.
Isn't it easy? Have a try of this YouTube recorder right now!
Demonstration Video on How to Record YouTube Videos on PC
If you would like to rip audio from YouTube or record music from YouTube on a PC, you can also use FonePaw Screen Recorder. Recording YouTube audio to a PC is quite similar to record a video.
STEP 1 Select "Audio Recorder" on the homepage.
STEP 2 Click the gear icon, navigate to Output area to decide the format to save YouTube audio (MP3, MWA, M4V, AAC) and the audio quality.
STEP 3 Turn on System Sound and turn off the Microphone to make sure that no external audio can be captured while recording the YouTube audio. Before formally recording, go to Preference > sound > start soundcheck to test whether the voice is OK.
STEP 4 Click the REC button. There will be 3 seconds countdown. Play the music, songs, or other audio files on YouTube when the countdown finishes.
STEP 5 When YouTube stops playing, click the red square button to end the recording. The YouTube audio will be saved on PC in the location that you have chosen.
Though you can trim the videos and audios recorded from YouTube with FonePaw Screen Recorder to get better clips, you may have extra needs for video and audio editing.
At this time, FonePaw Video Cutter can help you to realize it, turning video and audio recordings into better movies or audio files. It is an excellent video editor that 30k users have tried and recommended. In only 3 minutes, you can create a video in your style. No skills and experience are required.
For example, if you want to edit your video recording, try:
STEP 1 Select the video editing function like rotating, adding effect, clipping, etc. Add the video to the program.
STEP 2 Edit your videos and preview the effects in the preview window.
STEP 3 Save your videos on your PC or upload to social platform to share with your friends.
After introducing FonePaw Screen Recorder—the YouTube Recorder, you may have other questions about recording or making YouTube Videos. Go on!
1. How can I record a YouTube Video on my phone?
For recording YouTube videos on iPhone, you can use the built-in screen recorder to record. For Android users, you can use AZ Screen Recorder to help you.
2. How to upload a video to YouTube?
YouTube has its general video resolution of the uploading video. Before uploading, you need to adjust your YouTube videos first. You can upload 15 videos at a time. First you need to sign in to YouTube Studio. Move your cursor to top-right corner and click CREATE > Upload videos. Select the file you want to upload. Finish!
3. How long should a YouTube video be?
6 to 8 minutes makes for an ideal length. It can be longer (up to 15 minutes long) but only if your videos are engaging and viewers are sticking around to watch.
Thanks for your reading of this post. With FonePaw Screen Recorder, you can grab any video or audio from YouTube for offline enjoyment. If you still have concerns about how to record YouTube videos on PC, feel free to contact us!