Being a prevailing website of video, YouTube gains a lot of excellent work from YouTubers. They could be hilarious dramas or MVs with beautiful songs that make you feel like downloading them for sharing. Yet, YouTube doesn't provide any download button. Fortunately, you can try recording them and then save them onto your PC instead of downloading the audio or videos directly. And you are going to be able to achieve that in 4 steps with our guide.
Note: Considering copyright protection, we should never download or record YouTube videos for business use.
FonePaw Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use but powerful desktop YouTube recorder that can capture videos/audio from YouTube in high quality. There are more than 8 reasons why we like to use it to record a YouTube video on PC.
- Record YouTube videos with/without system audio and microphone sound. Help you make a brilliant tutorial or reaction video.
- No recording time limit. Feel free to record YouTube videos or YouTube Live Stream for hours.
- Support scheduled recording, Able to end recording automatically, saving your time of waiting up beside the computer for the recording to finish.
- Record audio only so that you can rip music from YouTube.
- Record YouTube videos in multiple formats, including GIF, MP4, MOV, WMV, TS, AVI, F4V.
- Capture audio from YouTube to MP3, M4A, AAC, WMA.
- Capture still images from YouTube videos.
- Record YouTube gameplay videos up to 60fps.
- When doing screen recording, the recorder provides you tools to annotate, track mouse action, and share screen capture with your friends via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- (For more information, take a look at: Resource guide — FonePaw Screen Recorder.)
Now, free download it and follow the steps to get videos from YouTube.
Demonstration Video on How to Record YouTube Videos on PC
Step One: Start YouTube Recorder on PC
Play the video that you want to record on YouTube. Then enter the "Video Recorder" on FonePaw Screen Recorder.
Step Two: Select YouTube Window to Record
A rectangle of blue dotted lines and a floating control panel will appear. Click the arrow-cross icon in the center of the rectangle to drag it over the YouTube playback screen. Then adjust the border until the rectangle perfectly fits the playback screen.
If you play the YouTube video in full screen, simply click the arrow down button in Display and choose to record in full screen.
- Moreover, if you want to record the YouTube video only, you can try "Lock and Record Window" in Advanced Recorder (Under the “REC” button). As the name indicates, this function can lock the recording area to avoid the disturbing activities of other windows. (Record Video of a Specific Application Window)
Before starting recording, it’s suggested that you click the gear icon and go to "Preferences" > "Output". Then you can customize output settings such as in what format and quality you would like to save the YouTube video, where to save the videos, whether to include mouse action in the recording, etc.
Step Three: Record YouTube Videos on PC
Turn on System Sound to make sure the recorder captures the audio in the video. Then click the REC button to start recording. While recording, a control panel will show up (unless you have enabled "Hide float bar during recording" in Settings), where you can pause or stop the recording.
If you need to stop the recording automatically when the YouTube video ends, click the timer icon and enter the video length to schedule a recording.
- While recording the YouTube videos, there are annotation tools that let you do some simple editing such as drawing, writing on the video.
Step Four: Preview, Save, and Share YouTube Video
Once the YouTube video is recorded, click the red square button to stop. You can preview the recorded YouTube video, trim it, and save it locally or share it on social media in just a few clicks.
If you accidentally close the program before you save the recording, you can restore it after you enabled the YouTube recorder.
Isn't it easy? Have a try of this YouTube recorder right now!
If you would like to rip audio from YouTube or record music from YouTube on a PC, you can also use FonePaw Screen Recorder. Recording YouTube audio to a PC is quite similar to recording a video.
STEP 1 Select "Audio Recorder" on the homepage.
STEP 2 Click the gear icon, navigate to Output area to decide the format to save YouTube audio (MP3, MWA, M4V, AAC) and the audio quality.
STEP 3 Turn on System Sound and turn off the Microphone to make sure that no external audio can be captured while recording the YouTube audio. Before formally recording, go to Preference > sound > start soundcheck to test whether the voice is OK.
STEP 4 Click the REC button. There will be 3 seconds countdown. Play the music, songs, or other audio files on YouTube when the countdown finishes.
STEP 5 When YouTube stops playing, click the red square button to end the recording. The YouTube audio will be saved on PC in the location that you have chosen.
After introducing FonePaw Screen Recorder—the YouTube Recorder, you may have other questions about recording or making YouTube Videos. Go on!
1. How can I record a YouTube Video on my phone?
For recording YouTube videos on iPhone, you can use the built-in screen recorder to record. For Android users, you can use AZ Screen Recorder to help you.
2. What dimension is the best for YouTube video recording on PC?YouTubers can upload videos with resolutions from 240p to 2160p. To grab a high-quality recording with a file size just to the good point, 720p: 1280 x 720 pixels and 1080p: 1920 x 1080 pixels in MP4 format are recommended for your video recording.
3. Can FonePaw Screen Recorder record a long YouTube video?Definitely yes! The maximum length of a general YouTube video is 15min and that of the videos from YouTubers who have increased their limit is 12 hours. As long as the storage of your computer allows, you can record a full YouTube video smoothly.
- The maximum size of the recording of FonePaw Screen Recorder depends on the available memory of the disk where your temporary file locates. You can change the path for a larger-size YouTube video recording.
Thanks for your reading of this post. With FonePaw Screen Recorder, you can grab any video or audio from YouTube for offline enjoyment. If you still have concerns about how to record YouTube videos on PC, feel free to contact us!