How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Mac
Having iPhone contacts backup on Mac can be very convenient. We can receive and make phone call on Mac more easily, and share contacts with other people or devices with more convenience. Before we can enjoy the convenience, we should first sync iPhone contacts to Mac. Here are all the things you need to know about how to sync iPhone contacts to Mac.
There are two effective solutions to help you to sync iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6/6 Plus/5 contacts to Mac:
- Solution 1: Sync iPhone contacts to Mac via FonePaw iOS Transfer
- Solution 2: Sync iPhone contacts to Mac via iCloud
1. Download the Mac version of FonePaw iOS Transfer by clicking the download button with apple icon.
2. Launch FonePaw iOS Transfer on your Mac and connect the computer to iPhone with USB cable. The program will automatically detect your iPhone.
3. Choose Contacts to preview contacts information: name, phone number, address, title, etc. You can also merge duplicate contacts by clicking De-duplicate.
4. Export the selected contacts or enable the option for Export All Contact, then choose the format you would like save the contacts. To save contacts on Mac, CSV file and vCard file are more recommendable.
1. Turn on iCloud contacts syncing on iPhone: open your iPhone, go to Settings>iCloud, sign in iCloud with your Apple ID, find Contacts option, and turn it on.
2. Sync iPhone contacts to Mac:
-To transfer iPhone contacts on Mac Address book, you should set up iCloud on the computer first. Go to System Preferences> iCloud on Mac, sign in with the same Apple ID as that on your iPhone, and enable Contacts option by ticking it. After iCloud has been set up on Mac, you should find iPhone contacts on your Mac Address book.
-To transfer iPhone contacts on Mac hard drive, open your Mac, sign in iCloud.com with the same Apple ID as that of your iPhone. Find Contacts, choose Settings at the bottom left and select Export vCard. You can then export the iPhone contacts to Mac.
iCloud is one way to sync iPhone contacts to Mac, but certainly not the best way. Using the same iCloud account on both iPhone and Mac gets some users worried about account safety. FonePaw iOS Transfer allows you to sync iPhone contacts to Mac in simpler steps and with more safety. Besides syncing contacts from iPhone to Mac, you can also sync contacts from iPhone to iPad, sync contacts from iPhone to iPhone with FonePaw iOS Transfer.
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Transfer from iDevice to PC
- Copy from PC to iDevice
- Switch to New Device
- Sync iPhone to New PC
- Photos from iPhone to iPhone
- Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- Music from iPhone to iPhone
- Backup iDevice