How to Download & Use Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10
Windows Movie Maker is a simple video editing software available in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8. It enables you to edit photos or video clips and apply effects to make a photos slider or a basic video. However, the movie maker can't be found in Windows 10. How to download Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10? Follow the instruction in this post.
- Where is Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10?
- Download Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10
- PawEditor: Better Windows Movie Maker Alternative for Windows 10
- Microsoft Photos: Replacement of Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10
First introduced in Windows ME, Windows Movie Maker is a default video editing program in Windows XP and is a part of Windows Live Essentials in Windows Vista and 7/8. Therefore, prior to Windows 10, you can open the Windows Start menu and easily find Windows Movie Maker in the application list.
However, Windows Movie Maker is not included in Windows 10, and that's why you can't find the video editing tool after upgrading to Windows 10. Windows Movie Maker needs to be downloaded separately to Windows 10 computer.
Although the program doesn't come with Windows 10, people used to be able to get Windows Movie Maker in Win 10 by downloading the Windows Essentials 2012 suite as the program is part of the suite. However, this method no longer worked since Microsoft stopped offering the download for Windows Essentials 2012 on January 10, 2017, which means that we can't download Windows Movie Maker from Microsoft anymore.
Currently, you may still find the download links of Windows Movie Maker for Window 10 on some third-party websites claiming that there are latest versions of Windows Movie Maker free to download. You should be very cautious about these downloads because they are not real and could contain malware or virus.
What if you really need Windows Movie Maker on your Windows 10 for video editing? Don't worry, there are many video editing alternatives to Windows Movie Maker that you can use. The followings are two Windows Movie Maker alternatives, both of which are beginners-friendly video editor that let you create awesome videos in simple steps.
Similar to Windows Movie Maker, PawEditor is designed to help ordinary users to create videos or photo sliders with video clips, photos, and music files. The editor has a similar interface as Windows Movie Maker, which enables you to edit videos in a timeline and preview the edited video in a playback window during the editing.
1. Split, trim video clips to delete unwanted part;
2. Combine video clips or add music or photo to video;
4. Add titles and captions in various styles, colors, and fonts;
5. Provide more than 60 video effects, transitions, filters to level up your work;
6. Rotate, zoom in/out videos;
7. Change video resolution, aspect ratio, speed, and other elements;
8. Export videos to MP4, WMV, GIF and more.
Better animation effects and transitions;
Contain video editing features that Windows Movie Maker lacks, such as audio extraction, keyframe animation, customizable color filters.
Since Windows Movie Maker is discontinued, Microsoft encouraged users to use the built-in Photos app as a Windows Movie Maker alternative in Windows 10. Since the Fall Creators Update, Photos app is added with movie editing features. Like Windows Movie Maker, it offers basic video editing feature, such as trimming, filters, 3D effects and comes to handy if you would like to make a photo slide of your holiday photos. However, the Photos app is rudimentary in features as a video editing tool to replace Windows Movie maker.
1. Cut video clip;
2. Apply 3D effects to videos;
3. Add text to video;
4. Add music or annotation to videos;
5. Built-in filters to improve videos.
Built-in application in Windows 10;
No need to download extra application;
Not really a video editor, lacking basic video editing feature such as editing video & audio clips in timeline tracks, trim out unwanted part from the middle of a video, rotate or crop video, etc.
Windows Movie Maker is no longer available to download for Windows 10. If you only need to make some simple editing with photos and video clips, you can directly use Photos app in Windows 10, but you need a real video editor on your Windows 10, download PawEditor, which is as easy-to-use as Movie Maker.
- Hot Articles
- Video Cutter - Cut Video, Cut MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV and More
- How to Combine/Merge Multiple Video Files Together
- How to Edit MP4 Videos on Windows
- How to Clip A Video(YouTube Video)
- How to Rotate Video in Windows Media Player
- How to Edit Brightness and Contrast of a Video
- How to Add Subtitles to Video (MP4/MKV)
- How to Record Your Screen on Windows 10
- Remove Audio from Video (Mute Video) on Any Device
- iMovie for Windows 10/8/7 - Download iMovie on PC