Sometimes you just need the best part of a YouTube video. That's why you want to trim YouTube videos and download part of YouTube videos. This post is showing you how to trim or cut YouTube videos in two different circumstances. If you want to trim a YouTube video that's not yours, go to Part 1 and learn how to download and cut YouTube videos. If that's your video and you need to trim it after uploading to YouTube, jump to Part 2.
- Part 1: Trim and Download Part of Youtube Video
- Part 2: Youtube Video Cutter Online
- Tip: How to Trim a YouTube Video in PowerPoint?
Step 1: Download YouTube Video to Trim
Open a video you want to take a clip from and copy its link. Go to an online video downloader, and enter the URL of the YouTube video. Hit Download.
Step 2: Trim/Cut YouTube Video
Now the YouTube video is on your computer. Launch a YouTube video cutter on your computer. Here we recommend PawEditor, which can cut YouTube videos and save a clip or MP3 audio from the YouTube videos.
To trim a YouTube video with PawEditor:
Launch the YouTube cutter and add a new project;
Add the YouTube video into the Media Library;
Drag the YouTube video to the timeline underneath the Library;
Select the YouTube video in the timeline, click the point you want to cut, right-click and select Clip to cut the YouTube video into two parts;
Delete the part(s) of the YouTube video that you don't need.
Step 3 Save Part of YouTube Video to MP4/MP3
After the YouTube video is trimmed, you can save the trimmed as MP4/MOV/FLV/AVI or MP3/WAV file. Click Export.
If you need to take a clip from the YouTube video, select a video format and click Export;
If you would like to take part of YouTube video as an audio file, select MP3 or WAV and click Export.
PawEditor can also combine, crop, rotate, resize YouTube videos. Moreover, it has a huge library of effects, transitions, animations, filters for you to edit YouTube videos professionally.
If you would like to trim a YouTube video after upload, YouTube offers video cutter online for you to cut YouTube videos right on the website. There are 2 ways to do it.
Trim A Video on Youtube with Video Manager
If you would like to trim a video on your YouTube channel, it can easily be done with YouTube video manager.
Step 1 Open the Video Manager and select the video you want to trim, click Edit.
Step 2 Click Enhancements > Trim.
Step 3 To take a section from the YouTube video, select the frame that you want to cut, and click Split.
Step 4 Click Done to save the change.
Trim A Video on Youtube with YouTube Studio
YouTube is added with a new video editor: the YouTube Studio, which can also help you trim or cut a YouTube video.
Step 1 Open YouTube Studio.
Step 2 Select a video and click Editor to enter the editing window.
Step 3 Drag the blue slider to select a new starting or editing point or put the white indicator on any section you would like to cut.
Step 4 Click Split.
We often embed a YouTube video in a PowerPoint presentation, but sometimes we don't want to play the whole video and just need a clip from the YouTube video. That's why we need to trim a YouTube video for PowerPoint. There are two ways to do that.
1. Download video from YouTube and use a video cutter like PawEditor to trim a video. Then you can add the trimmed video to your PowerPoint project.
2. Change the embed code to make the YouTube video to play the part you need. Copy the embed code of a YouTube video, then add the codes highlighted in the following picture to set a starting and ending point of the YouTube video.(start=15 and end=50 mean to begin to play the video at 15 seconds and to end the video at 50 seconds. You can change the number to whatever you need).
Then insert the changed code into your presentation. The YouTube video will only play the part you have set. The YouTube video is not literally trimmed.
Any question about trimming YouTube videos? Leave your question below.
- Hot Articles
- How to Convert YouTube Online Videos to MP4
- How to Download YouTube Videos
- Video Cutter - Cut Video, Cut MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV and More
- How to Clip A Video(YouTube Video)
- How to Convert YouTube Video into GIF Format
- How to Download Music from YouTube to PC
- Three Practical and Easy Ways to Rip Audio from YouTube Videos
- YouTube Recorder: How to Record YouTube Videos on PC
- How to Export iMovie to MP4/MOV/DVD for YouTube and More
- [2 Ways] How to Burn A CD with Music from YouTube
- YouTube Ringtone Maker: Convert YouTube to Ringtone for Your Phone