How to Extract iTunes Backup for iOS Device
Updated on September 20, 2017. Supporting extracting iTunes backups for iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus.
iPhone data loss happens either from an unexpected deletion, system upgrade or devices being stolen. When people lost their photos, contacts, messages or notes on iPhone, they may want to extract the data from iTunes backup files. However, we don't know where the backup files located. Even though we painstakingly find out the location of these iPhone backups, we only find some unreadable SQlitedb file. To view iTunes backup files, you need a iTunes backup extractor on your Win or Mac computer.
FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery, a professional iPhone backup extractor, can extract iTunes/iCloud backup files for iOS devices. It can extract photos, videos, contacts, messages, WhatsApp messages, notes, calendar, call history and more from iTunes backup. The extracted files will be saved on your computer as readable images, videos, audios, HTML, CSV or VCF files. It is worth mentioning that this software can extract encrypted iTunes backups as well.
Lose contacts, messages, notes, call history, photos, etc. on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch? No panic! Why not free download the TRIAL VERSION below and have a try right away? This iTunes backup viewer is available for both Mac and Windows PC.
• Don't sync your iPhone with iTunes after suffering from iPhone data loss because iTunes will automatically update the previous backup file.
• It is not necessary to have your iPhone connected to the PC or Mac when using FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery.
• FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery can extract encrypted iTunes backups only when you remember the password.
Following tutorial will show you how you can easily access and view these iTunes backup files on either a Mac or Windows computer.
People Also Read:
Step 1: Select "Recover from iTunes Backup File"
Download, install and run the program on your computer. Then, choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File." A few seconds later, all iTunes backup files on your computer will be shown.
Note: If your iPhone backup is encrypted, you will be promoted to enter the password to unlock it when clicking "Start Scan."
Step 2: Start to scan the backup files
You can pick out the iPhone backup to extract depending on the "Name", "Latest Backup Date" and even "Serial Number". Choose the one you need and hit "Start Scan."
Step 3: Preview and data retrieved
Preview contents found in scanning process one by one. You can click Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Contacts, Messages, Call history etc. to find what you want and mark them down. Having this done, click "Recover" on the lower-right corner of the interface and wait for the expected results.
Till now, you can access and read iTunes backup file by using FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. I believe it is simple enough in using and amazing enough in extracting. Finally, I must repeat again that please backup your iOS devices as a routine. The backup files are always more useful than insurance. Because when you confronted with data loss, backup files are the best insurance for you to recover lost files from iPhone.
- Hot Articles
- How to Reset iPad to Factory Settings
- How to Move iTunes Library to New Computer
- How to Restore iPhone without iTunes (30K Users Tried)
- How to Transfer MP3 Files to iPod without iTunes
- iPod Touch Is Disabled, How to Unlock with/without iTunes
- Ultimate Guide to iPod Won't Sync to iTunes Problems
- Release Mac Space: Move iTunes Library to Other Location