How to Convert WMA Files to WAV
"Anyone knows of any software that can convert WMA files to WAV without any loss of quality, namely lossless conversion?"
Converting from a .wma files to .wav is technically un-compressing it since WAV is a lossless audio format. You'll unable to regain the quality lost from the source material (WMA), but a common conversion to WAV will always be lossless unless you are merging tracks, reducing the sample rate, lowering the bit depth or using an unprofessional WMA to WAV converter.
For professional WMA converter, both FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate and Windows Media Player are decent enough to help you to convert the Windows Media Audio (WMA) to lossless WAV/WAVE.
Here are details on how to use these two programs to change WMA files to WAV.
1. Download and install FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate on your computer.
2. Import WMA files
Click "Add File" on the top tool bar to import WMA files into the program. Then, set up the output folder at the bottom of the program window by browsing. Make sure there is enough free space in your containing folder.
3. Choose WAV as output file
Click "Profile" line, which leads to an output format window. Then, choose "WAV – Waveform Audio (* .WAV)" from the "Lossless Audio" category. You can also choose other audio format, such as converting WMA to MP3, FLAC, AIFF or AAC.
4. Start conversion
Now click "Convert" to start WMA to WAV conversion.
Using Windows Media Player is another popular method to convert WMA to WAV format. Before starting, you need to prepare a blank CD.
1. Launch Windows Media Player on your computer.
2. Select "Burn" and drag the WMA files you need to convert to the "Burn List" located on the right-hand side of the application window.
3. Open the DVD/CD-R drive on your computer and insert a blank CD-R. Then, click the "Start Burn" menu button.
4. Click "Rip Settings" and then "Format" menu. Now, you can choose the "WAV" format to rip and convert WMA to WAV.
5. Select the "Rip CD menu" button and the files will be converted to WAV and saved to the CD.
Both of the solutions are quite simple. If you don't have a blank CD or you're using Mac computer, you can convert WMA files to WAV with FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate. Besides converting audio files, you can also use this software to convert video files. Download and have a try.
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Convert to MP3
- Convert to MP4
- Convert to AVI
- Convert to WAV