This post has been updated in July 19, 2018
Most of the time, we have no problem uploading pictures to Instagram. But with videos, things could be tricky sometime. Here are two most common situations:
"I was uploading an video to Instagram on my Galaxy S7 and suddenly, I got this error message saying 'there was an issue importing your video please try again'. The network connection is totally fine."
"I tried to upload an video to Instagram on S8 and it stuck at uploading and never finished. Tried a few times but still can't post the video."
People Also Read:
If you have the same problem, read on.
- Part 1: Why Can't I Upload Video to Instagram
- Part 2: How to Fix Instagram Video Upload Failed
- 2.1: Basic Debugging Methods
- 2.2: Convert Video to Instagram Format (Video Guide Included)
Instagram won't let you upload an video if:
1. Your Instagram account is banned, blocked or disabled.
2. You have a poor network connection.
3. Your video fails to meet Instagram's requirements for supported videos:
Formats: H.264 codec / MP4
Resolution: maximum width 1080 pixels (1080P)
Frame Rate: 29.96 frames per second
Bit Rate: 3,500 kbps video bitrate
Audio codec: AAC audio codec at 44.1 kHz monov
Duration: 3 to 60 seconds
Check if you have one of the above problems, then go on reading for more solutions.
Step 1. Make sure your device is connected to an strong network.
Step 2. If the network connection is fine, restart your phone to see if it makes a different.
Step 3. Some users find it helpful to clear caches of Instagram on App Manager: Settings > Apps > Instagram > Clear Caches.
Step 4. Also, you are suggested to uninstall and re-install Instagram app to make sure the app is up-to-date.
Step 5. If you still can't uppload videos after re-installing Instagram, maybe the problem is on overloaded Instagram servers. Instagram goes down from time to time. Just wait and try uploading the video next day.
Tip: You are recommended to record your video with Instagram app. This can make sure that you won't take a video in a format that is not supported by Instagram. Of course, you can always convert a video to Instagram supported format. Check how to do that in next part.
An video that is recorded by digital camera or downloaded from Internet usually is not suitable for Instagram, you'll need convert the video to Instagram's supported format before uploading.
There are many video converters can help you with that, for example, FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate. It can:
Convert YouTube video/MKV/FVI and many other formats to MP4.
Edit the duration, size, resolution of the video to meet Instagram's requirements.
Enhance video quality in one click: flip/rotate video, remove noise, etc.
Follow these steps to convert video with Video Converter Ultimate.
Step 1. Download and install the program on your computer.
Step 2. Launch the program and click "Add Files" to add an video.
Step 3. If the video is longer than 60 seconds, click "Clip" to trim it.
Step 4. You can also click "Edit" to rotate/crop the video or adjust audio effect if you need it.
Step 5. Click "Profile" and from the drop-down list, choose the format that is best for your device. And click "Convert". The video will be saved on your computer.
Now you can transfer the video to your phone and post it to Instagram without problem.
- Hot Articles
- How to Save Instagram Photos on iPhone/PC?
- Is There A Way to See Deleted Instagram Photos?
- How to: Fix 'Couldn't Refresh Feed' Instagram Error
- Instagram Video Won't Play on Android, How to Fix?
- [Fixed] Instagram Failed and Can't Upload Videos
- How to Post YouTube Videos on Instagram
- How to Upload Photos/Videos from Gallery to Instagram Story
- Instagram Video Downloader: Save Instagram Videos to PC/Mac