A lot of data and files are stored on your iPhone, and it seems that you never get enough space. Videos especially take up a considerable amount of space. Thus, you may want to move the videos on your iPhone to a computer to save more space. But how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer? To help you out, this post will show you some reliable methods to transfer videos from iPhone to a computer, be it Windows or Mac.
If your computer is a Windows PC, is it still possible to transfer videos on iPhone to it? No worries, the answer will be an absolute YES. Below are 3 proven methods for sending videos from iPhone to a Windows PC, including the best iTunes alternative.
Method 1. Use DoTrans
If you want to transfer multiple videos in a short amount of time, then you definitely need to give FonePaw DoTrans a try. This highly praised program offers various and convenient ways to connect with your iPhone 15/14/13/12/11, including USB and WiFi wireless connection. Better yet, unlike other built-in transfer software, FonePaw not only supports batch transfer, but also allows you to preview the videos before transferring them to the computer.
- Cross-platform connection: FonePaw DoTrans features transferring data across different Operation Systems. You can move videos between iOS, Android, and Windows PC.
- Various file types supported: This top-rated program supports multiple types of files, embracing photos, videos, messages, contacts. And can even transfer iPhone music to computer.
- Any size of file supported: Without any size limitations, DoTrans is capable of recognizing and quickly transferring files to the corresponding computer and mobile phone.
- Stable and Speedy Transfer: The software guarantees a 100% safe, fast, and stable transfer process. You can preview and select which videos to be transferred to.
- Workable built-in toolbox: In addition to its basic transfer function, this software also comes with a handy toolbox that helps you create mobile ringtones and convert HEIC format.
The best part is, FonePaw DoTrans finishes the transfer process with a simple one-click operation. Free download the software, and check the below instructions on how to transfer videos from iPhone to Windows PC via FonePaw DoTrans.
Step 1. Link Your iPhone to Computer
Launch FonePaw DoTrans. You can connect your iPhone 15/14/13/12/11 to the Windows PC with a USB cable, or via WiFi networks. Information about your iPhone will be shown on the software's main interface once connected
If you are using a USB cable, make sure the USB cable is linked to your computer throughout the transfer process
If you are using a WiFi network, make sure your iPhone and the computer are under the same LANs.
Step 2. Locate and preview the videos you want to transfer.
On the left panel, you can see different categories of data on your iPhone. Select Videos. A list of all videos will be shown. You can then choose to preview videos and make sure which one you want to transfer to the computer.
- Videos recorded by iPhone can also be found in the Photos category.
Step 3. Export videos to Windows PC.
Tick on videos you want to transfer. Choose the Export to PC option from the topside toolbar. Then the transfer process begins. Or you can right-click the selected video and tap Export to PC from the expanding menu.
You can see the real-time transfer process from the popup window showing the progress percentage.
Only within 3 steps have you successfully finished the transfer process! With the help of FonePaw DoTrans, you don't need to worry about how to transfer videos from iPhone to Windows PC anymore.
Method 2. The Photos app
Microsoft's built-in Photos application is a good photo management tool for Windows 10 and above. This Photo app also allows you to transfer videos from iPhone to Windows PC. Note that it works only on computers running Windows 10/11 OS. Follow the instructions below to see how to transfer videos from iPhone to PC Windows 10/11.
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to a Windows 10 or 11 PC with a USB cable.
Step 2 Tap the Start button and select Photos.
Step 3 Press the Import icon> Import from a connected device.
Step 4 All transferable items will be displayed. You can choose your desired videos and confirm importing them.
- A prompt may show on your iPhone to ask you to trust the connected computer. Choose to trust the Windows PC so you can continue the transfer process.
- Videos you want to transfer need to be stored on your iPhone instead of in iCloud.
The Photo app is easy to use and workable. However, it can not guarantee a stable and fast transfer. And you may not be able to keep the original album structure as all videos will just be transferred to the Picture folder on your PC. If you want to keep this info safe and sound, try FonePaw DoTrans instead.
Method 3. File Explorer
The Windows 8 and above file manager File Explorer can also help to move videos from iPhone to Windows PC, too. Actually, it can transfer anything as long as you connect your iPhone to the computer. And here is how to transfer videos from iPhone to Windows PC via File Explorer:
STEP 1. Connet your iPhone to the Windows PC with a USB cable.
STEP 2. Open the File Explorer. If your iPhone has successfully connected to the computer, it will be shown as an Apple iPhone folder under the Devices and Drives column.
STEP 3. Click to open the Apple iPhone folder, and locate Internal Storage > DCIM folder. All pictures from your iPhone are preserved here.
STEP 4. Find the videos you want to transfer in the folder, right-click to choose Copy.
STEP 5. You can paste the copied video anywhere you want on your Windows PC. Copy the videos one by one or choose multiple videos to copy at a time.
- All files on your iPhone will be shown via the File Explorer function. You need to find and locate the corresponding folder that contains the videos.
- All album structures will not be preserved. All are displayed in one folder. It takes time to locate the videos you want to transfer.
If you are a keen iOS user and are using iPhone and Mac, you may also wonder how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac. Here, we will also introduce 3 useful methods to you.
Method 1. iOS Transfer Software
The first choice is the FonePaw iOS Transfer. It can easily transfer iPhone photos to Mac. And it also supports fast batch transfer and can serve as your media manager to create, delete and organize media on your iPhone. You can transfer videos recorded by your iPhone as well as videos stored in your iPhone's Video folder.
- Powerful transfer tool between various iOS devices, even the latest ones.
- Various files and data can be transferred in batches within a short time.
- Customize your iPhone data and have an iTunes-like ability to manage files.
- The simple and user-friendly operation can easily get started.
- The multifunctional toolkit helps you to make ringtones and one-click transfers.
Step 1 Download and launch the software and connect your iPhone to the Mac PC with a USB cable. Device Information of your iPhone will be displayed once successfully connected.
Step 2 Choose Videos from the left panel to select which videos you want to transfer to the PC. Click the boxes of the videos to confirm the selection.
- FonePaw iOS Transfer supports previewing the videos before you decide to transfer them. You can see the video's name/size and other basic information.
Step 3 Click the Export to Mac icon, or right-click the selected video to choose the Export to Mac function. Wait for several minutes, the transfer will be finished successfully.
FonePaw iOS Transfer is a professional and easy-to-use transfer tool between iOS devices. Some people consider it an alternative to iTunes, but it actually can not only do what iTunes can, but also serve as a media manager for you to manage your Media library. And it only requires 3 simple steps to finish the transfer process!
Method 2. Use AirDrop
AirDrop is the built-in iOS file-sharing function that enables two iOS devices to transfer files with the same WiFi connection. And you can share anything on the iPhone with another iPhone using the AirDrop function as well. To transfer videos from iPhone to MacBook, you can use AirDrop as follows.
STEP 1. Enable the Bluetooth and WiFi functions on your iPhone and Mac first. And make the AirDrop function on your iPhone visible to Everyone. You can find AirDrop from the Control Center.
STEP 2. Also, locate AirDrop from your Mac's control center, click to enable the function, and choose to be visible to Everyone.
STEP 3. Your iPhone and Mac should find each other then. Open Photos on your iPhone or the video app and select the videos you want to transfer to Mac. Click the Share button, and choose your Mac by name. The sharing process begins.
- AirDrop connection may not be as stable as it says. Sometimes you still fail to transfer the videos from your iPhone to Mac, especially if you want to transfer some big-size videos.
Method 3. Image Capture
You can sync the Media library on your iPhone to your Mac via Apple's default application Image Capture. It helps to download and edit videos from iPhone to Mac, and you can choose the target folder to save the videos. Here is a simple guide for how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac via Image Capture:
STEP 1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a USB cable.
STEP 2. Open the Image Capture application on your Mac.
STEP 3. Select your device on the left panel.
STEP 4. All files from the Media library will be shown on the right panel. Choose the videos you want to transfer to Mac and click the Download button. Or if you want to copy all videos, you can press the Download All button.
Image Capture sync videos by downloading them. So if you want to transfer many videos at the same time, it will take a long time. If you are looking for a convenient and efficient way to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac, try FonePaw DoTrans and FonePaw iOS Transfer instead.
To save more space on your iPhone or for longer preservation, you can transfer videos from your iPhone to a computer. In this article, we show you 6 proven methods about how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer, whether you are using a Windows PC or a Mac. Among all, the FonePaw DoTrans will be our best recommendation. It breaks the OS barrier and enables video transferring between iOS devices and Windows PCs. Free download and try to use the software to transfer and manage videos on your iPhone!