How to Restore Lost Files from Android SD Card
Nowadays, most Android phones like Samsung Galaxy S9/S8/S7 are coupled with a 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB SD card. Android users store media files (photos, audios, and videos) in Android SD card built-in Android phone. Unfortunately, data loss sometimes occurs before you back up your files. Relax! You still have a chance to restore deleted files from Android SD card if you have stopped using your Android phone so that deleted files have not been overwritten by new contents. And the next thing you need to do is downloading and installing FonePaw Android Data Recovery or Data Recovery to fix SD card recovery issue.
People Also Like:
- Solution 1: Restore Lost Files from SD Card on Android
- Solution 2: Android SD Card Recovery without Root
FonePaw Android Data Recovery is developed to get back all kinds of files, especially media files, from Android SD card. Just connect your phone to the computer (both Windows and Mac are supported), you can enable the SD card to be scanned and recovered. The program would not destroy your file so that you can get back a full-size photo and a complete music/video file. Besides, deleted items can be extracted from heaps of files so that you are able to recover important files in Android with it.
Step 1. Connect Android Phone to Computer
Run FonePaw Android Data Recovery on a Windows/Mac computer. Then connect your Android phone (with SD Card) to the computer with Android USB cable. Turn on USB debugging on your Android phone. After that, your device should be detected by the computer.
Step 2. Select File Types to Scan
In this step, the program will require you to select file types to scan. All compatible file types are listed in the menu, for example, photos, music, and videos. Choose the types you are intended to recover and click the button "Next".
Step 3. Allow FonePaw Program to Access Android SD Card
FonePaw Android Data Recovery will try to get permission to enter your phone and scan data in the SD card. Just tap the button "Allow/Grant/Authorize". This will allow the program to scan your phone.
Step 4. Scan Deleted Files in Android SD Card
FonePaw Android Data Recovery is scanning your Android SD card and trying to find out all deleted files. When this step is proceeding, please wait patiently.
Step 5. Choose Files to Restore from Android SD Card
Scan complete! In the left pane, you can see the scan result. Choose file types. Then you can preview data in details. Remind that names of deleted ones are in red font. And you can tap the ON/OFF button and set to displayed deleted items only. Check contents you want. Click the button "Recover". You can get them back lost files from Android SD card.
If your Android phone cannot detect the memory card, the first way maybe not suitable for you so we provide the other way to resolve the SD card recovery problem. With FonePaw Data Recovery, the lost files on SD card can also be recovered without inserting the card to phone or root.
1. Insert the card into the card reader and then connect the card reader to PC.
2. Double click to open FonePaw Data Recovery on Windows. In the homepage, you will see your memory card is recognized as Removable Drive.
3. Select data types/all data and tick the circle of your SD card in Removable Drive list.
4. Go scanning and you can use Quick Scan or Deep Scan to find the lost data back. Please note that Deep Scan will take a longer time but display more deleted files for you.
5. Check the scanned results and restore those lost files back to your computer.
Nice job! You have restored deleted files from your Android SD card to your computer successfully. Don't forget to back up your important files in the future. With these programs, you can also back up existing files by transferring them from Android SD card to your computer or use Android Backup & Restore to save all data.
- Hot Articles
- Samsung SD Card Recovery - Recover Data from Samsung Micro SD Cards
- How to Retrieve Lost Pictures from Samsung SD Card
- SD Card on Galaxy S7: What Should You Know?
- How to Move Apps to an SD Card on Android
- How to Set up and Use microSD Card on Android
- [Solved] Android Phone Keeps Saying SD Card Unexpectedly Removed
- Best SD Cards for Samsung S9 to Expand Your Storage
- What Is LOST.DIR and How to Recover Files from LOST.DIR on SD Card
- CF Card Recovery: Recover Files from SanDisk/Lexar CF Card in PC