Four Ways to Download YouTube Videos to Mac
YouTube is attractive. It has millions of additive contents such as movies, music videos, audiobooks, video tutorials and other great videos made by millions of thousand people.
However, none of us can watch YouTube videos offline unless we download and save them on our computers. There are so many guides telling people how to download YouTube videos on a Windows computer, so the minority (Mac users) ask, "Is there any YouTube Downloader for Mac?"
Of course! This post will show you three ways to download YouTube Video on Mac.
To elaborate on this question, we divide this post into 3 parts:
- Method 1: Use A YouTube Downloader for Mac
- Method 2: Download YouTube Videos Online to Mac
- Method 3: Download YouTube Videos to Mac on Safari
- Method 4: Download YouTube Videos on Mac with Chrome
You may like:
FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate (Mac) is also a powerful YouTube video downloader for Mac. This program is able to download YouTube videos to Mac quickly and save the videos in a chosen quality. You can convert and save the MP4 or FLV YouTube videos to MOV files which can be played on Mac smoothly. Better yet, if you are downloading a music video from YouTube, you can extract the audio from the video. Here is the step-by-step guide on how to use this program.
1. Install video downloader on Mac
Click the download button to get and install the FonePaw Video Converter Utlimate for Mac. Once this is done go to the Applications menu in Finder and launch the program.
2. Copy and paste the video link
On the program, click "Add Files" > "Add Online Video". Then, copy the web address of the YouTube video that you want to download. Paste the URL into the program and click "Analyze".
3. Select download format and quality
After analyzing, you can now decide in which quality you want to save the video. Just select the desired quality with the "Quality" select box. Then, click "OK" to start downloading.
Tips: Remember that although HD is the best to watch, it also takes longer to download and uses up more storage space. Also, some videos, especially older ones, will only be available in lower resolution.
4. Save YouTube video on Mac
The time of the video takes to arrive will depend on the speed of your internet service. With the NVIDIA's CUDA and AMD APP acceleration technology, the program is 6X faster than normal. After downloading, you can choose the output format you need, such as MOV and MP4 and click "Convert" to save the YouTube videos on your Mac computer, iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.
VidPaw is a free online downloader that you can use to download YouTube video to Mac on Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc. It requires 2 steps only to download a YouTube videos to Mac and it can download YouTube video in different qualities (720p, 1080p, 4K, 8K, etc.) and various formats (MP4, 3GP, WEMP).
STEP 1. Copy the URL of a YouTube video. Go to vidpaw.com and paste the URL into the empty box. Click Start.
STEP 2. Click one of the Download button. For example, choose to download 720p MP4 videos. The YouTube video will be downloaded to your Mac.
Next time you want to download a YouTube video to Mac, remember a little trick: in the link address of the video, add "paw" behind "youtube" and hit Enter, which will directly take you to the downloading page of the video.
Are you finding websites where you can download YouTube videos? Actually, you can download YouTube video on Safari.
1. Make sure that you are using the most recent version of Safari on your Mac.
2. Head on to YouTube website and navigate to your desired content and pause the video just after it starts playing.
3. Click the "Window" tab and hit "Activity" to bring up the 'Activity Monitor' window in Safari.
4. Locate the entry similar to the name of video you have opened, which has the largest file size. Double click to download the video to your Mac.
1. Open Google Chrome on your Mac which is running Mac OSX 10.6 or later.
2. Go to the YouTube website and find the video you want to download. Open it, pause the video and let it load completely.
3. Find the Cache folder via Finder > Library > Cache > Google > Chrome > Default > Cache. This contains all the recent information cached by Google from your internet usage.
4. Now begin to find the video. This is tricky since there are so many cache files. The information isn't named in a convenient way, because it's the raw data. So start by scrolling from the bottom of the list and looking closely for a file of the appropriate size.
5. When you've located your video file, right click, copy the file and paste it onto your desktop.
6. To open the file in QuickTime or other video players, you'll need to rename the extension by clicking on the file name and adding .mp4 to the end. You can also rename the video.
7. Double click it and play it on your MacBook or iMac.
Of the options here, I choose the method 1 – using FonePaw YouTube Video Downloader for Mac. I like the simple and intuitive steps. As you can see, when choosing download YouTube videos from browser, regardless of Safari or Chrome, it is a bit complicate and time-consuming. So I recommend you to take method 1 to have a try first.
Thank you for providing feedback!