Easy Tutorial to Convert MOV to WMV on Windows/Mac
"Does anyone know how to convert a QuickTime .mov file to play on Windows Media Player? What file type should I convert to: WMV, AVI, ASF? Thanks in advance."
The MOV video format, which was developed by Apple for its QuickTime Player, usually comes into conflict with Windows-based PCs and devices. The easiest solution is to convert MOV to WMV, which is much more welcomed by Windows-based players or devices. Here, we'll show you how to use FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate to convert QuickTime MOV to WMV.
• MOV is developed by Apple for QuickTime while WMV is developed by Microsoft. (MOV are mostly used Mac-based apps/devices while WMV are more welcomed on Windows-based products.)
• WMV is better for streaming videos while MOV is more accessible on multiple platforms.
• If you're a Mac/iOS user and/or aim to play videos with QuickTime, edit with iMovie/Final Cut Pro, etc, MOV is the best choice.
• For Windows PC, Windows tablets and Lumia users, WMV is a good video format that saves high quality video with smaller file size.
The easiest way to covert MOV file to WMV on Mac or Windows is to get a video conversion tool. FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate is recommended as best MOV to WMV converter here. This easy-to-use program enables you to convert QuickTime (MOV) video to Windows Media Video (WMV) format effortlessly. And, there's no malware, adware, spyware or virus within FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate, which is absolutely clean and safe to use.
1. Install FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate
First of all, use the link above to download the software. Then, double-click the .exe file when the download is complete. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the program.
2. Upload files for conversion
Click "Add File" to upload MOV files to the program for conversion.
3. Choose WMV as the output format
Go to the "Profile" drop-down box and choose the format with (*.wmv) file extension, such as WMV- Windows Media Video (*.wmv), PS3 WMV Video (*.wmv) and more, as output format.
Then click "Browse" next to "Destination" to choose a path to save the converted file.
4. Convert MOV to WMV on Mac/Windows
In the lower right corner of the screen, click the big blue "Convert" button. You should now see a encoding bar running as the file conversion begins, along with the time indicator.
Done! You've converted MOV to WMV files. After conversion, you can play videos on Windows Media Player or other Windows-based players. To play WMV on Mac, you can install Flip4Mac, a QuickTime component that enables QuickTime to play WMV on Mac. And to play WMV on Linux, you will have to download and install a third party application, such as Miro, and Helix Player, that supports the format.
Now, you can download FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate to convert MOV to WMV first and the play it on your Windows, Mac or Linux computer freely.
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Convert to MP3
- Convert to MP4
- Convert to AVI
- Convert to WAV