Many mobile phones record spoken audio in AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate) format. Here is an AMR to MP3 Converter that easily converts AMR to MP3, AMR to WMA, AMR to M4A, AMR to FLAC, AMR to OGG, and more.
# How to Converter AMR to MP3
1. Free Download AMR to MP3 Converter
As a video & audio converter, FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate (opens new window) can work as an AMR converter that can convert multiple AMR to MP3 on Mac OS X or Windows quickly. Besides MP3, it can also convert AMR to WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4R, AC3, OGG, AIFF, etc.
Download, install, and run the audio converter on your PC or Mac.
2. Select AMR Files You Want to Convert
Click the "Add Files" button to select.AMR files from local storage. If it is an online AMR file, click Download and paste the URL of the file to save the file locally.
3. Choose the Output Format
To transfer AMR to MP3, M4A, WAV, and more, just click the "Convert All to" drop-down list and set it as MP3, M4A, WAV, and more in "Audio" category.
4. Convert AMR File to MP3 Format
Click the "Convert All" button to change AMR to MP3. The conversion process takes only a few seconds.
More about FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate
- All-in-one audio converter, supporting MP3 / WMA / WAV / OGG / MP4 / FLV / AVI / MOV / WebM and more.
- Take Media with you: It doesn't matter what mobile device you have. FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate (opens new window)can convert video and audio of different formats to the formats that your device supports.
- Online videos are closer: Download videos from YouTube (opens new window) with our integrated downloader in the program.
# What's AMR Format
Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) is a compressed audio format developed by Ericsson. It is mostly used in recording audio or speech on mobile devices. When you use the audio recorder of your mobile phone, the file recorded is usually saved by default of AMR. It is smaller than the size of the audio file saved in MP3 format.
# Why Convert AMR to MP3
AMR files can be played on mobile devices like Ericsson 3G cell phones, Nokia phones, NTT, and VoiceAge. Some software like Apple QuickTime Player, RealPlayer, and AMR Player can also play AMR audio. However, it is not supported by common media players on computers like Windows Media Player and other devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, etc. If you need to play your recorded AMR files in an unsupported device, you'll need to convert the recording to MP3 or other widely-used formats.