Unlike Android, Apple devices including iPhone and iPad, don't have built-in files explorer for users to browse photos, media files, documents and other files in its file system. If you need to view and manage your iPhone/iPad files via a file explorer, a desktop file explorer for Windows PC and Mac can help you with that. And moreover, a desktop iPhone explorer enables you to use an iPhone/iPad as a flash drive to move files from/to your computer.
In this post, you are going to learn 5 excellent iPhone file explorers for Windows PC or Mac. Free download the one that best fits your needs.
DoTrans (opens new window) is an iPhone/iPad file explorer for Windows PC to turn your iPhone/iPad as a flash drive to view and manage files. Instead of accessing the files via complicated folder structure, DoTrans manages iPhone files by file type (photos, music, videos, contacts, messages) so that you can access the files more easily.
Free Download FonePaw DoTrans
- Manage iPhone files on Windows computer;
- Move photos, music, contacts, etc. from iPhone/iPad to PC (opens new window);
- Store files from a computer on iPhone/iPad;
- Batch delete media files, messages, contacts on iOS devices;
- Share files between iOS devices (opens new window) (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch);
- Back up and restore iPhone contacts;
- Make ringtones with any song you like;
- Convert HEIC images to JPG/PNG.
iExplorer is a comprehensive iPhone explorer that can view documents, photos, videos, messages, call history, Safari browsing history, apps from iPhone on PC. It is full-featured but can be too bulky for some low-spec computers that are low on memory. The explorer can be easy to crash when you are trying to access multiple folders.
- Mount iPhone/iPad as a drive on a computer;
- You can find your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch in Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder like a flash drive, which will list the directories of the iOS file system;
- Access not only iPhone files, but also information such as calendar, call history, notes from Windows PC and Mac;
- Transfer files from iOS devices or iTunes backup to computer;
- Browse iPhone data on iTunes backups.
iFunbox for Windows is not only an iPhone file browser but also an apps & games management tool for iOS devices. After connecting your iPhone or iPad to the file explorer via a USB connection, you can view media files, apps, and even data on the root level of your iPhone file system. Moreover, this iOS file explorer provides an App Store for you to install games and apps from IPA packages.
- Transfer files from PC to iOS devices without iTunes;
- Access app data, such as gaming history, user account, messages, from App Sandbox;
- Its App Store and Game Center include apps & games that you can't find in the Apple App Store.
FonePaw iOS Transfer for Mac
FonePaw iOS Transfer (opens new window) shows iPhone files by categories so that you can easily browse iPhone photos, videos, music, books, messages, etc. on Mac. It is featured with a one-click transfer function, which helps you move everything or selected items from one iPhone to another, iPhone to Mac, iPhone to iTunes library or vice versa.
Free Download iOS Transfer
- Turn iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch into a flash drive to copy files between iOS devices and Mac computer;
- Allow you to manage iPhone files in bulk;
- Directly transfer data from one iPhone/iPad to another, which is convenient when switching to a new iPhone;
- Preview iPhone music, photos, videos on Mac;
- Create new ringtones for your iPhone.
Macgo iPhone Explorer
This is a simple iPhone file viewer for Mac computer to view media files as well as app data on the iOS file system. The file explorer makes it easier for you to move or add files stored on the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. What makes it special is that it enables you to access root files, which are app files that you cannot access on your iPhone normally.
- Move system, app files and photos from iPhone to Mac;
- Support Mac running on Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) and above;
- Access the iPhone file system without jailbreaking the device.
Apple's iOS is a closed-source operating system, which makes it difficult for users to access and move files in the system. With the help of an iPhone file explorer, managing files on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch will be much easier.