How to Change Font on iPhone/iPad
iOS 9 came with a new font, called San Francisco. But many iOS device users think that's just a bit different from the previous one and many are tired of the default font. However, every user knows that we cannot install custom fonts without the help of an additional app, and before 2014, we even cannot change iPhone font without jailbreaking. Thankfully, now, two apps come out and help us change the font style on iPhone to a more stylish one. Just keep reading to know what they are and have a try.
Extra Tips: Tutorial to Jailbreak Your iPhone 7/6s
- Part 1: How to Change Font on iPhone without Jailbreaking
- Part 2: How to Change Font Style on iPhone with BytaFont 3
If you want to change the default font on your iPhone 6s/6/5s/5/4s without jailbreak, the AnyFont app can be your first choice. Though this app doesn't support changing the system-font on your device, it works with Word, Excel and PowerPoint for iPad, Number, Keynote, Pages and many other apps.
How to Install AnyFont App?
AnyFont is a paid app and you can download it from iTunes Store with $1.99. You can also open App Store and search for "AnyFont" to download the app.
How to Add Additional Fonts on your iPhone using AnyFont?
1. Find the font you want to add. AnyFont supports most of the common types of fonts such as TTF, OTF or TCC. You can type "TTF" into a search engine, hundreds of websites with free downloads will come up.
2. Add the font. You can add a font by using the "Open in…" feature on your iOS devices. For example, you can email yourself a.ttf files as an attachment. When you tap on it, you can select "Open in…" and then pick AnyFont as the destination for you file.
3. After downloading the font into AnyFont, it will appear on your fonts list. If you tap to install the font, you will be going on a short round trip of installing a special certificate and returning to AnyFont. Simply accept or confirm all of the screens until you return to the app.
4. Close the app you want to use the new font and then restart the app. You can use the custom font now!
If you want to change the system-font of your iPhone, the easiest way is to use an app called BytaFont 3. BytaFont 3 is free jailbreak tweak that allows you change the system font on your jailbroken iOS devices. Again, please note that, to use this app, you have to jailbreak your iPhone. Kindly note that jailbreaking can void your warranty and will make it immune to OTA updates coming from Apple. Also, it may cause data loss on your iPhone, so please backup your iPhone before jailbreaking. If unfortunately, you jailbreak it without backing up, you can turn to the page on how to restore jailbroken iPhone for help.
If you have your iPhone jailbroken, then follow the steps below to install new font.
1. Install BytaFont. Open Cydia > Search for BytaFont and install it > If you are asked to respiring the device, just do it. When you have successfully installed BytaFont 3 on your device, you can find the app on the springboard.
2. Install Fonts for BytaFont. Open the BytaFont 3 app and navigate to "Browse Fonts" button on the bottom menu. Then, select the font of your choice and download it. Once you tap the "Download" button, you will be taken to the Cydia package of that font. Simply tap "Install" button to download it.
3. Apply the Font. Close Cydia and open BytaFont again to activate the fonts you have downloaded. It should be available under the "Basic" tap from the bottom menu. Select the font and you will be asked to respiring. After respiring, the new font will be displayed.
Feel free to show us some screenshots of the new fonts you have added to your iPhone. Enjoy!
Thank you for providing feedback!