Pro Tips: Recover Deleted Videos from Windows
When you are getting ready to upload your new screen recording video on Youtube and only find that you have accidentally deleted it, you must be very frustrared and disappointed. Luckily, it is possible to recover deleted videos from PC. This tutorial will give you a professional and safe way to retrieve deleted videos from computer running on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7.
How to Recover Deleted Videos from PC
Why Is Deleted Video Recovery Possible?
NOTE: First things first, stop using your computer until the deleted videos are recovered!
The deleted videos actually exist on your hard drive as long as their space is not overwritten by new data. If you continue to use the computer to, for example, start a new screen recording or download apps, new data will be created, which may overwrite the deleted videos. So don't do anything on your computer before you have restored the deleted video file.
Tutorials on Retrieving Deleted Videos from PC
You can check Recycle Bin for the deleted video files. If you find a missing video there, you can simply right-click it, then click on "Restore" to undelete video. The video will be restored to its initial location on your computer. If you have emptied the Recycle Bin, you can recover your deleted video files from PC through a data recovery software.
FonePaw Data Recovery is a professional data recovery program that can retrieve the lost/deleted videos from PC, whether the videos are deleted by accident or are lost because of partition formatting, RAW hard drive, data system damage, etc. The program could help you recover deleted video files with a few simple steps on Windows 10/8/7.
Apart from deleted videos recovery, FonePaw Data Recovery can also recover deleted images, audio files, documents, emails from PC.
Important: You should download FonePaw Data Recovery on the drive that is different from the location of the deleted video files. For example, the videos are saved on E drive before they are deleted, you should install Data Recovery on D drive or C drive.
STEP 1. Choose File Types and Hard Disk Drive
Run the program. You are able to select the files types you need on the main interface. Tick the box of Video. Then, select the drive that the videos are deleted from.
STEP 2. Start Scanning Deleted File
Click on the "Scan" button to start scanning deleted video data on the drive you choose. The program provides users with two modes: quick scan and deep scan.
STEP 3. Recover Deleted Video
When the scanning is completely done, you can find out the deleted video you want to retrieve. Then click on "Recover" button. Wait for a moment, the files you selected will be retrieved on your computer.
After that, you can check the video on your computer or upload it on YouTube.
Extra Tips: Quick Way to Convert Video Format
If some of your videos can't be played on some devices because of their format, you can use PonePaw Video Converter Ultimate. This program is equipped with advanced HD video conversion technology, which convert videos or audios into different formats, such as MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV and MP3, WAV, M4A, WMA, or GIF.
1. Launch the program, click "Add Files" button at the top left to browse your folders and load your desired video files to the program
2. Click "Profile" button at the bottom to select a suitable format, and choose a destination folder.
3. Click the "Convert" button to start converting. After converting videos to another format successfully, find the converted files by click "Open Folder".
If you still have questions, you can just leave a message in the following comment area.
- Hot Articles
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone
- 3 Best Android Data Recovery Apps for Your Phones and Tablets
- How to Partition A Hard Drive on Windows 10, 8, 7
- GIF Recovery: Recover Deleted GIF Image on PC
- Ultimate Guide to Recover Lost Music/Audio Files (PC/Android/iPhone)
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10
- PST Recovery: Easily Repair PST Files on Windows
- Quickly Recover Files after Factory Reset on Windows 10/8/7
- How to Recover Notepad File (Unsaved/Deleted)