You may have heard about Dr.Fone when you need to recover data from Android device. Maybe you are considering about purchasing its Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android right now, or you have tried the product but need a more effective alternative because the Dr.Fone product failed to meet your need. If so, this post has all the information that you would like to know.
Dr.Fone is a brand of Wondershare. It focuses on providing data recovery and management solutions for Android and iOS users. Its Dr.Fone for Android is one of the top-notch data recovery tools for Android devices. Here are the pros and cons of this Android data recovery tool.
- Handle data loss caused by factory restore, OS update, rooting failure and mistaken deletion.
- Capable of recovering a wide range of data, including contacts, messages, photos, videos, call logs, documents, audios;
- Support more than 6000 Android models;
- Very easy-to-use.
- Too expensive comparing to other Android data recovery tool: it costs $39.95 for a 6-Months license.
- Take much longer to scan out deleted data.
If you find that Dr.Fone for Android is not for you, maybe you should try its best alternative - FonePaw Android Data Recovery (opens new window). It can do exactly what the Dr. Fone tool can do: recover lost data (contacts, messages, photos, videos, call logs, documents, audios) from Android running on 2.1 and 9.0. And the FonePaw tool is cheaper ($49.95 for a lifetime license) and takes a shorter time to scan out the lost data.
Here is how the FonePaw Android Data Recovery works.
Step 1. Download and install the FonePaw tool on your Windows/Mac PC.
Step 2. Connect your Android device to the PC with a lightning cable.
Step 3. Enable USB debugging (opens new window) on your Android phone so that the program can detect your phone. When your phone is detected, choose the file type to recover and you need to give permission to the program to access deleted files on your phone.
Step 4. After you click Scan authorized files, the program will begin to scan out the deleted and existing data on your phone.
The first scan can only find out the files that are already in your device. To recover the deleted data on your Android phone, try Deep Scan.
Step 5. Select the data you need and click Recover to recover it to your PC.
Dr. Fone for Android and FonePaw Android Data Recovery are almost the same in their functions and capability to recover data. But you may prefer FonePaw because it is more user-friendly. You can tell it from these details:
- In FonePaw Android Data Recovery, photos are categorized as Gallery (photos taken by phone camera) and Pictures Library ( photos downloaded and received from other sources).
- When you put the mouse cursor on one of the media files on FonePaw, you can see the detailed information of the file. For example, if it is a photo, you can see its name, size, format, camera model, the date that it is taken.
- Double click a picture on FonePaw, you can view the picture in full size.
- Both Dr. Fone and FonePaw need to root your device to scan out deleted data. But if it fails to root on FonePaw, you can click Continue Scanning to scan out the existing data on your phone.
- FonePaw take fewer steps to recover deleted data and can finish the data scanning more quickly comparing to Dr. Fone.
Now you have all the information that you need to learn about Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android and its alternative. Make up your mind to begin recovering data with the tool that you like.