Netflix allows subscribers to download TV shows and movies for offline viewing, but sometimes Netflix download is not working. For example, some users find no download button on Netflix. Even there is a download option available, when clicking download, sometimes you cannot just download the title because Netflix says 'There was a problem with this download' with a error code. Apple users often meet the 'Download Failed' message on Netflix on their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
This article covers all common Netflix download errors and provides solutions for each errors. Hopefully you can find the right solution for Netflix download not working problem on your device.
- We found a helpful tool, MovPilot Netflix Video Downloader, that is able to download any Netflix movies and TV shows without the Netflix app. Unlike downloading videos on Netflix directly, it helps you rip videos from Netflix to MP4 or MKV with original audio tracks and subtitles. And you don't need to worry about the expiration anymore.
You May Like:
It is most likely that Netflix download is not working on your device because of one of the following reasons:
- You don't have a compatible device for downloading movies and TV shows from Netflix. Netflix download feature is only available for: Windows PC or tablet on Windows 10 Version 1607 (Anniversary Update) or above; iPhone, iPad, iPod on iOS 9 or above ; Android phone or tablet on Android 4.4.2 or later.
- The Netflix app on your Windows, iOS, or Android device is out-of-date.
- The titles are not available for download on Netflix. Sometimes you cannot see the download option next to a certain movie or TV show because Netflix only has right to stream the title and is unable to let you download it. Even with some Netflix original TV shows or movies, Netflix don't own all the rights. Thus some original contents are not available to download either.
- If you cannot access the downloaded movies or TV shows, this is probably because that you have signed out of your Netflix account.
- Netflix download limits are exceeded. Netflix has download limit on the number of titles you can download and the number of devices you can watch downloaded videos with one account. You can only download no more than 100 titles on a single device; and with a single account, you can download titles to only 1, 2 or 4 devices depending on your streaming plan.
- You don't have enough free space on your device to download Netflix movies or TV shows.
- There is corrupted data on your Netflix app.
The followings are offline downloads issues that you may see when downloading Netflix movies or TV shows on Windows computer or tablet.
Netflix download error VC2-CV2-V6
This error code is often seen when Netflix downloading is not working on Windows 10 N or Windows 10 KN edition ("N" for Europe and "KN" for Korea), in which versions Windows Media Player and related apps are missing. So first you should check your Windows version on About your PC. If it is a N or KN version, download the Windows Media Feature Pack from Microsoft, then restart your computer, which should fix the download error.
Netflix download error VC2-CV2-B23000
VC2-CV2-B23000 error comes up when you have exceeded Netflix download limit for the number of supported devices. For each account, you have the maximum number of devices that can download Netflix titles at the same time. For the specific number, you should refer to your streaming plan.
If you want to download Netflix videos to a new device, you can remove downloaded titles from an existing device. First, delete all downloaded movies and TV shows from the existing device. Then on the same device, reconnect to the internet and restart Netflix app, which will tell Netflix the device will no longer be used to download, and thus you are allowed to use a new device for downloading.
If you have exceeded the Netflix limit and still want to add a new device, your only option is to upgrade your plan.
Netflix download error VC2-CV2-W800700005, VC2-CV2-WC0000428, DL1-W80072EFD
The VC2-CV2-W800700005, VC2-CV2-WC0000428, DL1-W80072EFD indicate that there is an setting issue on your computer that is preventing Netflix to download movies and TV shows. Therefore, you should:
- Disable anti-virus software on your computer.
- If the computer or tablet you are using belongs to a company, school or other organization, make sure there is no restriction that is set up to prevent Netflix downloads.
Netflix download error VC2-CV1-B434
The error code VC2-CV1-B434 usually comes up when you are using a VPN or proxy on your computer. So if you are using an VPN to bypass Netflix geolocation restriction, you should disable all the VPNs or proxies that are changing your network connection. Also, If you are using a tunneling service that provides IPv6 over an IPv4 Network, it could also trigger the VC2-CV1-B434 error.
Netflix download error VC2-CV1-MSL205032, VC2-W800A138F, DL1-W800706BA
If Netflix says 'There is a problem with this download. ( VC2-CV1-MSL205032/VC2-W800A138F/DL1-W800706BA), the three errors can be fixed by the following methods:
- Restart your device. Restarting your computer or tablet to refresh Netflix app. After reboot, check if Netflix download is working now.
- Sign out of Netflix. On Netflix app, click More Options > Sign Out. After a while, sign into Netflix again and see if you can download videos now.
- Switch or add Netflix profiles. On Netflix app, click Menu > Switch Profiles and select a different profile. After a while, switch back to your original profile to see if the downloading is working. If you don't have another profile, add a new profile.
Record Netflix movies or TV shows that won't download
If you still cannot download Netflix movies and TV shows or you want to download Netflix titles on Mac, you can choose a different way to save movies and TV shows from Netflix for offline viewing - record movies or episodes from Netflix. FonePaw Screen Recorder (opens new window) is recommended to record Netflix videos. For one thing, it can record Netflix videos with audio to MP4, MOV and other formats. For another, it can schedule movies and TV shows recording so that you don't have to stop the recording by yourself. By recording Netflix videos, you can download movies and TV episode even on Mac computer and save those videos that are not available for download. Also, you don't have to worry that the downloaded titles will be expired.
Video Tutorial: How to Record Netflix on PC？
Note: The downloaded Netflix movies and TV shows should only be used for personal viewing. It is violation of Netflix's term of use to reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish contents on Netflix.
If you cannot download movies or TV shows from Netflix because it says 'Download Failed', you should tap the failed title and check on the download error. Here are the common error codes that cause download failed on Netflix and how to fix each of them.
Netflix download limit error: 10016-22005
When Netflix says 'You have too many downloaded videos. Please delete a video and try again', you may have exceeded the maximum number of titles that can be downloaded from one TV show, which usually happens when you download multiple episodes from different seasons of a TV show. And the fix to this error will be delete some existing episodes of the TV show on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. Go to Download, tap Edit and delete the episodes of the TV show that you fail to download. Or you can delete all Netflix downloads on your iOS device.
Netflix download limit error: 10016-22002
The 10016-22002 error code indicates that you have 100 downloaded titleson your device, which is the maximum number of Netflix titles that a device can store. So you have to get rid of some of the movies or TV epsisodes that you have watched before you are able to download new titles from Netflix.
Network connection error: 10023-10008, 10023-5009
It is an Internet connection problem that prevents Netflix downloads.
- If you are using a public Wi-Fi, make sure that the Wi-Fi doesn't block Netflix.
- If you are downloading from Netflix on cellular data, connect to a Wi-Fi network and try Netflix again.
- Try to sign out your Netflix account and then sign in again.
VPN or Proxy error: 10013
Netflix download failed with error code 10013 when your iPhone/iPad/iPod is running a VPN or proxy to download movies or episodes from Netflix. So disable any VPN or proxy service on your device. And if your device is in IPv6 connection that are provided over an IPv4 Network, Netflix download will also fails with the error 10013.
If none of the above method can fix Download Failed on Netflix, you can try to reinstall Netflix app from Apple App Store on your device to start over.
Record Netflix videos when download failed
If you are failed to download Netflix on iPhone, iPad, iPod, you can also try to record movies or TV shows from Netflix. FonePaw ScreenMo (opens new window) enables you to mirror iPhone/iPad/iPod screen to Windows PC and record Netflix videos. With SreenMo, you can download Netflix videos that are not available to download and save movies and TV shows as MP4 for offline viewing.
- Put your iPhone and computer in the same Wi-Fi.
- Tap Airplay to mirror iPhone screen to PC. Play the movies or episode you want to record. Click Record. When it is finishes. Click Stop.
When you don't have the download option on your Android Netflix, you should first run Netflix app diagnostics to verify the problem. On Netflix app, tap the More > App Settings > Diagnostics > Download. If Netflix says 'This device does not meet the security requirements for the download feature. (OF.NA.4/OF.NA.6/OF.NA.7)', your Android phone or tablet is probably not compatible with Netflix. Update the device to Android 4.4.2 and above or switch to a different device.
If you see a error code when Netflix downloading is not working on your Android phone or tablet, check the solutions below.
There was a problem with this download. (DLST.N1009/DLST.N103/DLST.N61)
These Netflix download errors indicate there are corrupted data on your Netflix app.
Clear Netflix app data from Settings Open Settings on your Android phone or tablet. Tap Apps or Applications > Manage Applications( Application Manager, or Manage All Apps). Tap Netflix > Storage > Clear Data.
If Netflix still won't download movies and TV shows, try reinstalling Netflix app from Google App Store.
Network connectivity error: DLS.2
The error code DLS.2 on Netflix suggests a network connection problem on your Android device. You can try restart your device or reconnect to your network. If Netflix download is still not workig, try a different network to see how it works. If a new network doesn't work, clear Netflix app data from Settings.
Netflix Download limit error: 10016-22002, DLS.101
Netflix lets users to download no more than 100 titles on a single device. If you have exceeded the limit, you will see the error code 10016-22002. So remove some downloaded titles.
DLS.101 error code sometimes pops up when you are downloading one or more TV show episodes or movies.
Netflix downloads disappeared on Android devices
If you find Netflix downloads missing on your Android phone or tablet, you should first allow Netflix to use your phone storage.
- Go to Settings > Apps or Apps Manager. Tap Netflix > Permissions.
- If Storage is off. Toggle on the button of Storage.
Android Netflix lets user to store downloads on SD card. If you use SD card to store Netflix downloads, make sure the SD card is workable. And you can try to eject and reinsert the SD card for troubleshooting.
If you are using a cleaner app on your Android phone or tablet, you could accidentally remove the downloads with the app.
More question about Netflix download not working issues? Share your question and we'll see if there is anything we can do to help.