Though WeChat is known for its messaging and calling features, you should never miss its files transfer application, which will ease your life to some extent. The App is available for all kinds of platforms including iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS and even the web version. Some of the users reported that the WeChat is the best Filedrop alternative or the Airdrop alternative to transfer data between different devices.
People also read:
This guide will talk about how to transfer files such as pictures, videos, PDF, Word, and Excel, etc. between smartphone and computer without USB Cable. Just scroll down and check!
- Transfer File with Web WeChat
- Transfer Files via WeChat Client
Using the WeChat Web version to transfer files such as photos, videos, PDF, Word files, and other documents is a recommended approach to share info between smartphones and computer. You don't even have to download any software on your Windows or Mac.
All you need to do is to go to WeChat for Web page and scan the QR code with your Android or iPhone to log in to WeChat on the website.
Then admit the operation on your smartphone. Now, you should be able to use the WeChat via web browser.
After you can use the WeChat for Web version normally, you can then try to transfer files from Android/iPhone to Windows/Mac, and vice versus.
If you want to send photos, PDF or other files from Android to PC (also works with iPhone and Mac), you should firstly log in your WeChat account on web by referring to the way we show above. Below I will take transferring PDF file as an example to show how to do.
1. Find out the PDF file on your smartphone.
2. Select the file and tap on the share button. Then find out the WeChat icon
3. Tap on the icon and choose "File Transfer" as the receiver.
4. Go to the Web WeChat on your PC and you will see the transferred PDF is displayed on the interface, waiting to be downloaded.
5. Click on the download button and the WeChat PDF would be saved on your computer.
1. Log in the WeChat for Web on your computer.
2. Choose "File Transfer" on the left pane of the interface and click the folder icon at the bottom of the chat.
3. Now, you are able to choose the files from your computer. Just find out the one you want to transfer.
4. The file would be showed on the typing area of WeChat. Click on the "Send" button and it will transfer to your Android or iPhone.
5. Go to your smartphone to choose "File Transfer" from the WeChat interface and you will see the file there.
6. Tap on the file and downloaded it on your phone.
It also provides WeChat for Windows 10/8/7 and the WeChat for Mac. You can download the compatible WeChat client on your laptop to use the WeChat file transfer feature. And it is more straightforward. Different from Web WeChat, you don't have to worry about the WeChat webpage would be accidentally close and logged out!
Want to transfer WeChat photos from Android to PC? Send a Word Document on WeChat? Anyway, if you want to upload WeChat files from phone to Windows PC or Mac, just check how to do below.
2. Login your account by scanning the QR code with your phone.
3. On your Android or iPhone, find out the photo, video, document or the other file you want to transfer.
4. Choose the file and tap on the "Share" button. Then select the WeChat app to share.
5. Now, you are allowed to choose a contact on the screen. Just tap on the "File Transfer" as receiver.
6. Go to WeChat on your computer to download and save the file!
Tip For iOS Users: When you tend to switch the WeChat files from iPhone/iPad to computer or Mac, FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery should be got.
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad to PC and launch iPhone Data Recovery.
2. Select certain mode that you tend to recover from. If you don't want to get the data from backup files, go into Recover from Device Directly. Then let the program scan your iPhone.
3. After scanning, choose files in WeChat and WeChat Attachments. Hit Recover button to get them on your computer. The saving path is selected by yourself.
1. Open and sign in the WeChat client on your PC or Mac.
2. Select "File Transfer" on the left pane of the WeChat interface.
3. You can directly drag the files you want to transfer to the message dialog and press Enter.
4. Go to your iPhone or Android and save the files.
Actually, the steps of using Web WeChat and the WeChat client to transfer data between phone and computer are almost the same. Both are very straightforward and simple. If you have any problem when using the WeChat App, please drop us a comment below!