WebM Converter: How to Convert WebM to MP4/AVI/MOV/FLV
Part 1: What's WebM Format?
Based on the Matroska media container, WebM is an open, royalty-free media file format designed for the web. It consists of video streams compressed with the VP8 or VP9 video codec, audio streams compressed with the Vorbis or Opus audio codecs, and WebVTT text tracks.
Though this format is supported by Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome, there are still many popular browsers like IE, Safari and players like Windows Media Player and QuickTime that need plug-in to support it.
As it is open-source, smaller file size and high-quality, WebM encoder is becoming much more needed and popular. To play WebM file anywhere, this article will show you a professional WebM converter and provide a full guide on how to convert WebM to MP4, convert WebM to AVI, convert WebM to FLV, WMV, MOV, MPEG, MKV, 3GP, VOB, etc.
Part 2: WebM Converter
Converting WebM to MP4, AVI, FLV and many other video formats could be as easy as a pie as long as you have a decent WebM converter. Here FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate, a super easy-to-use video conversion program, is strongly recommended. This software:
• Convert WebM to MP4 for playback on QuickTime, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and other players;
• Convert WebM to AVI so that you can play them on Windows Media Player, Creative Zen, Archos, iRiver, Xbox 360, etc.
• Convert MP4, AVI, 3GP, MKV, FLV, MOV, etc. to WebM for embedding into web page.
Free download the trial version of FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate below and follow the guide below to start WebM conversion.
Part 3: How to Convert WebM to MP4/AVI/MOV/FLV
1. Add WebM video files
After downloading, install and launch the program. Then, click "Add File" to load the WebM videos you want to convert to the program.
2. Select output format
Click "Profile" drop-down button to choose the output format. Here are some examples:
• If you want to convert WebM to MP4, choose "MP4 MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)" as the output format from "General Video" category;
• To extract audio from WebM files, you can choose the output format from "General Audio" category;
• To change MP4/AVI/FLV to WebM, type "WebM" in the search box in the profile interface. Then, choose the suitable one.
3. Start to convert WebM videos
When settings are complete, click the "Convert" button to continue. After a while, you'll get prompted when video conversion is complete.
After the conversion, you can play WebM videos on your browsers or mobile devices without restrictions.
More Features about FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate
• It cuts through the fog of format issue by convert any video and audio to the format you need;
• It bridges videos and mobile devices by adding preset profiles for mobile devices like iPhone (6/6 Plus), iPad (Air 2/Mini 3), Samsung Galaxy (S6/Edge), HTC One (M9), Kindle Fire, etc.
• It provides the opportunity to download videos from Facebook, YouTube, BBC, TED, Dailymotion, and more.
• It helps to free up storage space by compressing HD videos like MTS, MKV, TS, MP4, and HEVC (H.265) to smaller size with high quality retained.
Thank you for providing feedback!