How to Transfer Playlists from iPhone to iTunes
"I lose the songs and playlists in Music Library when I reinstall iTunes on my new Dell computer. But I still can see them on my iPhone. Is there an easy way to transfer playlists from iPhone to iTunes? "
You can rely on iTunes to transfer playlists from iPhone to iTunes. However, iTunes won't transfer those songs that not purchased to the Music Library which means you will lose them. At this moment, you will desperately need an iTunes alternative to help.
Tips: If you want to copy playlist to iPhone, see also: How to Download Playlist to iPhone
So in this guide, you will see two options privided to help you import playlist from iPhone. In part 1, you can follow the steps to copy iPhone playlist to itTunes with the recommended FonePaw iOS Transfer program. And In part 2, we also cover the way to sync playlists from iPhone to iTunes by using the Apple iTunes App. For more details please continue to read.
- Part 1: Transfer iPhone Playlist to iTunes with FonePaw iOS Transfer
- Part 2: Transfer iPhone Playlist to iTunes via iTunes
FonePaw iOS Transfer makes transferring playlist from iPhone to iTunes easy, convenient and totally. Just connect iPhone to the computer and export playlists to iTunes Library, and you can finish the whole process. This tool can help you copy playlists from your iPhone to iTunes with songs, size, ratings, Album, and more info. In this tutorial, we learn how to restore playlists from iPhone to iTunes, and you can also transfer videos, photos, books, TV shows and more form iPhone to iTunes with the similar steps.
Free Download the trial version of FonePaw iOS Transfer on your PC/Mac and follow the steps to transfer playlist from iPhone to iTunes.
YouTube video tutorial: How to Copy Playlist from iPhone to iTunes
1. Launch FonePaw iOS Transfer
Firstly, download, install and launch the software on the computer. Then, connect iPhone to the PC or Mac.
2. Transfer playlist from iPhone to iTunes
To add iPhone playlist to iTunes, you need to find "Playlists" from the left sidebar and click on it. All your playlists will show on the right panel. Click on any playlist you want to transfer to iTunes and then choose "Export to"> "Export to iTunes Library" to begin transferring process. After the process, you will have your iPhone playlist exported to iTunes.
You can also selectively transfer music from iPhone to iTunes. By double clicking any playlist, you can know what songs are in it. Choose any songs you like and click "Export to"> "Export to iTunes Library".
Tips: If you transferred the iTunes library from the default C drive to other hard drive, you can't directly move your playlists from iPhone to iTunes. Nonetheless, you can transfer the playlists from iPhone to computer first, then drag and drop those exported playlists from computer to iTunes.
To transfer playlist from iOS devices to iTunes, these steps are required:
1. Launch iTunes and connect iPhone to computer.
2. Find your iPhone in iTunes, and then you can find all the playlist names created on iPhone are shown in the left column.
3. Click on the playlist name which you need to sync to iTunes, right-click and choose "Export…"
4. In the pop-up windows, name the playlist and save it on PC/Mac as XML format.
5. Go to File > Library on iTunes and select "Import Playlist" to import the XML playlist file you just created. That's it!
The above two methods can both help to move playlist from iPhone or iPad to iTunes. Choosing which way for the job is totally up to you. But with the FonePaw iOS Transfer program, it can save your time to some extent and make things easier!
FonePaw iOS Transfer is an easy-use iPhone/iPad/iPod utility designed to help you transfer all your files from iOS devices to iTunes or PC, such as music, video, playlists, etc. With it, you can transfer your data between iOS devices and computer/itunes quickly, including your favorite songs, videos, photos, TV shows, Podcasts, iTunes U and more. In a word, it is a must-have tool for iOS devices users. So if you are interested in it, just click on the download button below to get it on your computer.
- Hot Articles
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes
- How to Reset iPad to Factory Settings
- How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Computer
- How to Restore iPhone without iTunes (30K Users Tried)
- How to Transfer MP3 Files to iPod without iTunes
- iPod Touch Is Disabled, How to Unlock with/without iTunes
- Ultimate Guide to iPod Won't Sync to iTunes Problems
- Release Mac Space: Move iTunes Library to Other Location