How to Transfer Gmail Contacts to iPhone
"I just switched to an iPhone X today from an Android device. I am trying to import my contacts from Gmail. How can I do that?"
It's a great idea to transfer Gmail contacts to iPhone if you want to merge the contacts on your Gmail and iPhone. Besides, many people want to transfer Google contacts to iPhone due to they lost iPhone contacts by accident (Tips for recovering iPhone contacts).
Here in this guide, you will see there are two ways to transfer Gmail contacts to iPhone X/8/7/6s/6. Both of the methods can perfectly copy Gmail contacts to iPhone. But the one in part two can do more than that. You can not only transfer other data such as contacts, photos, messages, music, videos and so on between iPhone and computer, but also manage the contents. For more details you can continue to read.
- Part 1: Sync Gmail Contacts to iPhone Manually
- Part 2: Transfer Gmail Contacts to iPhone with FonePaw iOS Transfer
Now, you can follow the below steps to import contacts from Gmail to your iPhone manaually:
1. Fire up the Settings app and tap on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other".
2. Under the Contacts heading, tap on "Add CardDAV Account" and enter your information in the form that appears.
3. You'll get a confirmation that the account was successfully added.
Oppositely, if you want to import contacts to Gmail from iPhone, you can head to this page: Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail to see more details.
FonePaw iOS Transfer can help you transfer contacts from Gmail to iPhone. By using it, you'll never worry about the security of your contacts, because it isn't a cloud service. Except for contacts, this software is able to transfer music, photos, playlists, movies and so on from computer to iPhone.
Just free download the trial version below and follow the steps below to transfer contacts from Gmail to iPhone.
Step 1. Export Gmail contacts
Log in your Gmail account on your computer. Click "Gmail" button. Click "Contacts" in the drop-down list. Then you see all contacts are list on the window. Click the "More" button to. When the pull-down list appears, click Export. To copy contacts from Gmail to iPhone, you should choose "vCard format". After that, click "Export".
Step 2. Launch the program and connect iPhone to PC
Download, install and launch the program on your computer. Then, connect iPhone to the computer to start.
3. Transfer Gmail contacts to iPhone
Click Contacts in the left sidebar. Click "Import/Export" > "Import Contacts" > "From vCard File" one by one. When the file browser window pops up, find the Contacts.vcf file you've saved in Step 1 and import it. Within seconds, this program will transfer Google contacts to iPhone successfully.
What else FonePaw iOS Transfer can do:
1. Transfer iPhone/iPad/iPod files from/to PC;
2. Import videos, music, contacts, photos, movies to iPhone;
3. Backup iPhone text messages, contacts, music, photos;
4. Rebuild iTunes library.
5. Support all iPod iPhone and iPad!
Above is the whole guide to export contacts from Gmail to iPhone. If you have any problem when following the guide for the job, just drop us a comment to let us know!
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Transfer from iDevice to PC
- Copy from PC to iDevice
- Switch to New Device
- Sync iPhone to New PC
- Photos from iPhone to iPhone
- Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- Music from iPhone to iPhone
- Backup iDevice