Can PS3 Play MP4
Can PS3 play MP4? The answer would be YES and NO. Keep on reading this article and we'll tell you what video formats PS3 supports, why PS3 won't play MP4 files and how to successfully convert and play all kind of MP4 files on PS3/PS4.
Sony's PlayStation 3 is much more than a video game console, but it enables you to watch movies and videos. So knowing the video formats it supports will help prevent playback compatibility issuers. The following video formats can be player on PS3.
From Part 1, we know that PS3 can only play MP4 video files with video codec of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and audio codec of AAC. If your MP4 video can't meet the standard, it cannot be played on PS3. That's why the answer could be YES and NO.
To play all kinds of MP4 files on PS3, you need a PS3 video converter program. FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate could be a nice one. This software can directly convert any videos to PS3 support video formats. Also, even if you don't know anything about video codec and audio codec, there is no need to worry because this software has preset PS3 compatible formats for you.
Download the program and have a try now.
1. Add your video files to the program
After running the program on your computer, click "Add File(s)" to upload MP4 files or your other video files to the program.
2. Set PS3 default codecs format as the output format
Click "Profile" drop-down button to select "PS3 H.264 Video (480p) (*.mp4)" from "PS3, PS4" category as the output format. You can also select other formats that PS3 supports.
3. Start MP4 to PS3 Conversion
Now, you can click "Convert" button to start MP4 to PS3 conversion.
4. Transfer files to PS3 via USB
① Copy and imported the converted files to a flash drive and then insert it in PS3.
② Navigate to VIDEO on the PS3 XMB menu and find your device, then hit "Triangle" to view all contents.
③ Copy and paste the converted MP4 file to PS3 hard drive.
- Hot Articles
- How to Download and Install AMD Graphics Driver
- Samsung Photo Recovery - Recover Lost Photos from Samsung Galaxy
- How to Play AVI & MKV on iPad/iPhone
- Xbox 360 MKV - Convert to Play MKV Files on Xbox 360
- How to Recover Lost Videos from Sony Xperia
- Video Resizer: How to Resize Video on PC & Mac