MKV Converter: Convert MKV to Any Video File
If you've ever wanted to convert MKV to MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, 3GP etc., but weren't sure what tool to use, then FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate might be the program for you. Today we'll show you how to use it to convert MKV files to different formats.
Mastroska (MKV) an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold a virtually unlimited amount of data, in multiple streams comprising video, audio, menus, subtitles, chapter points, other metadata, and even stereoscopic (3D) content. The aim of developing Matroska was to provide a flexible and cross-platform alternative to AVI, ASF, MP4, MPG, MOV, and RM. Its main features include fast seeking, high error recovery, modularly extendable, selectable subtitle and audio streams, chapter entries, menus, and stream ability over the internet.
MKV is rapidly gaining ground as a popular video format mainly because of its advanced features. However, there is just one hitch – this video format is incompatible with many modern players or devices like Xbox 360, Sony PS3, Blu-ray Player, TV, BlackBerry, Windows Media Player, and Windows Movie Maker etc. you cannot play MKV in iTunes or transfer them to iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV etc.
In this case, many people are wondering if there is an easy way to convert MKV to other formats that are suitable with their players or devices.
Of course, a MKV converter can help you convert MKV to any other video format you need.
FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate is an excellent MKV converter. Here are some main features of it:
• Convert MKV to almost all kinds of video and audio files like WMV, AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, WebM, AVCHD, WMA, MP3 and OGG etc.
• Convert MKV to AVI, WMV to play MKV on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Media Player, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc;
• Convert MKV to MP4 or MOV (QuickTime) to play MKV on iDevice like iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes, etc;
• Convert MKV to MP4 to play MKV on mobile phone or video game consoles like Android, BlackBerry, Zune, PS3, PSP, and Xbox 360 etc;
• Convert MKV to AVI, MP4, FLV, WebM to upload MKV to YouTube, FaceBook and etc to share MKV files online.
1. Add MKV files to the program
After running the program on your computer, you need to click "Add File" to import the MKV videos you want to convert to the program.
2. Specify the output format and set the output folder
Click "Profile" and then "General Video". Here, you can choose the video format you need. Also, if you want to play MKV on specific devices, you can choose the devices name and set the right format. For example, if you want to play MKV on iPad, you can click "Apple iPad" and choose any format in this category.
Then, change the Destination folder by clicking "Browser" if necessary.
3. Start converting from MKV
After setting the output format and output folder, click the "Convert" button. You can check the conversion status by looking at the progress bar.
After conversion, you can transfer the converted files to your devices and play them smoothly. Also, most media formats supported by FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate can be encoded in both directions, so you can convert any videos to MKV as well. Just download the program and find more surprising features by yourself.
Thank you for providing feedback!