Apple's iOS 9 update is an old story and many users are now focused on the iOS 9.3 that continues to sit in beta. Though the release data of iOS 9.3 is not confirmed yet, there are many exciting features are leaked: night shift, new quick actions, improvements to apple news, notes, carplay and health, etc.
Apparently, the iOS software of iPhone, iPad, iPod touch is updated frequently and it attracts iOS users to download and install the latest version of iOS software on their devices firmly.
Then how to update iOS software on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch?
There are two ways about updating iOS device to iOS 9 and the above, including iOS 11, you can choose to update your iPhone wirelessly or use iTunes to update it.
But before that, please backup your iDevice to iTunes or iCloud.
Update your device wirelessly
This is the easiest way for you to update iPhone to the latest version of iOS software, and it is also called "over the air", you can follow the steps below:
1. Make sure that your iPhone is powered enough and connect to the network.
2. Go to "Settings > General > Software Update".
3. Tap "Download and Install", if you use a passcode, you'll need to enter it before installing the update.
Update your iPhone with iTunes
1. Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac.
2. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
3. Connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cable.
4. Click on iPhone on the top left corner of the interface.
5. Click on "Check for Update" button, after that you will get a choice of "Download and Update", click it and start to install the latest version iOS on your iPhone.
6. At the same time, unlock your device with your passcode if prompted in order to continue with the upgrade.
With these two ways, you can surely update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS software, and you are able to start to enjoy the new added features with it.
However, if you found some data loss after installing the latest iOS, thank God that you have backed up iPhone data in iTunes or iCloud previously. Right now, all you need to do is to apply FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery on your computer.
If you have iTunes backup files available, you can do following steps to get back your lost data:
1. Choose a recent iTunes backup file
2. Scan the iTunes backup files in seconds
3. Preview each item one by one
4. Recover lost data on your computer
If you have backed up iPhone data in iCloud, you can choose to "Recover from iCloud Backup File" to retrieve photos from iCloud once you are in need.
1. Enter your iCloud account
3. Preview all the found data
4. Recover those recovered data to your computer
Up till now, you have already updated your iPhone to the latest iOS software and get back some lost data of your iPhone successfully with FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. Congratulations!