How to Encode/Decode HEVC (H.265)
The H.265, also known as HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), is a new video codec which can compress video files to half the size while maintain the sharp quality.
There is always a group of people want to encode H.265 while the other group need to decode HEVC H.265. On the one hand, converting to HEVC H.265 from H.264 HD video or other HD video would be the best solution to compress those high resolution video into small size while maintain the good quality. On the other hand, during the process of HEVC H.265 codec to completely replace H.264/AVC, new hardware devices will need time to support the new codec. Therefore, if you have some HEVC H.265 videos, you may need to convert them to other format like MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, etc. for wider use.
To meet the H.265 encoding and decoding need, FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate has a comprehensive update which included H.265/HEVC decode and encode features.
• Acting as the H.265/HEVC Encoder, FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate can encode H.265/HEVC videos to H.265 MP4 video and converting H.264/AVC, MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, ASF, VOB, AVCHD, TS, etc. to H.265 MP4 on Windows 8.1/8/7/XP.
• Acting as the H.265/HEVC Decoder, it supports decoding H.265/HEVC videos to other video format like FLV, MKV, M4V, Xvid, SWF, MP4, etc. or directly extracting audio from H.265 in MP3, AAC, WMA, AIFF, OFF, FLAC, etc. formats.
Now, free download the trial version of the program below and begin to decode or encode H.265 videos.
Tips: For those guys who have already got the product, we can update it to the latest version for free. Open the main interface and click the "Help" > "Check Update".
Quick Guide on How to Encode/Decode H.265 Videos
1. Load video files
Launch this H.265 program. On the top toolbar, we can add the original files with "Add File". With "Add Folder", we can load them in batch.
2. Encode or Decode H.254/HEVC on Windows PC
Click "Profile" > "HD Video". We can find "H.265 video (*mp4)" there. For encoding to H.265, you can select "H.265 HD Video (*mp4)". While for decoding HEVC, you can choose your preferred output format from the profile list. If you prefer a smaller file size, click "Settings" to adjust the video size, video bitrate, frame rate.
3. Encode, decode and convert H.265 videos
Hit the "Convert" button in the lower-right corner of the interface to finish your preparation work and get start.
That's it! You can also use FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate to convert H.264 video files.
H.265 VS H.264
MPEG-H, HEVC, Part 2||
MPEG 4 Part 10, AVC|
Successor to H.264/AVC||
Successor to MPEG-2 Part|
* 40-50% bit rate reduction compared with H.264 at the same visual quality|
* Potential to realize Ultra HD, 2K, 4K for Broadcast and Online (OTT)
* 40-50% bit rate reduction compared with MPEG-2 Part|
* Available to deliver HD sources for Broadcast and Online
|Support up to 8K||
No. Support up to 4K (4,096 x 2,304).|
|Support up to 300 fps||
No. support up to 59.94 fps only.|
Higher CPU on playback||
Unrealistic for UHD content delivery due to high bit rate requirements.|
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Convert to MP3
- Convert to MP4
- Convert to AVI
- Convert to WAV