"I've lost my iPhone contacts after iOS 10 upgrade failed. I had a backup but it was created two weeks ago. As I know that if I restore my iPhone from iTunes backup, I will lose the data created in the past two weeks. Can I just extract the contacts from the backup?"
Yes, if you restore iPhone from the whole iTunes backup, you will get the contacts back. But, definitely, you'll lose the data newly generated. Actually there are iPhone backup extractors to extract only your contacts from iTunes backup without iPhone. Go on reading to see how an iPhone backup extractor retrieve contacts from iTunes backup for you.
People Also Read:
- How to View iCloud Backup (opens new window)
- How to Import Contacts from iPhone to Mac (opens new window)
# Why Do You Need An iPhone Backup Extractor?
There are many situations when you find an iPhone backup extractor very helpful. For example:
- If you want to retrieve only contacts from iTunes backup without restoring the whole backup;
- If you lost your phone and need to get contacts from iTunes backup without an iPhone;
- If you want to view iPhone contacts on computer and even more, you want to import the iPhone contacts to Mac, Gmail, Android phone etc.
Apart from extracting data from iTunes backup, an iPhone backup extractor can also allow you to view data in an iCloud backup without restoring it.
If these sound like useful for you, you should download a backup extractor on your computer. And here we recommend FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery (opens new window), a backup extractor & data recovery tool that is capable of extracting data from your iTunes backup easily and quickly.
# How to Extract Contacts from iTunes Backup Without iPhone
FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery can extract contacts from iTunes/iCloud backup without your iPhone 7/7 Plus/6/5/4/iPad. With the backup extractor, you can:
- Select only the contacts you want and restore contacts from backup without iOS device;
- Save contacts from iPhone backup in vCard format so that you can import the contacts to the address book of other devices;
- Allow you to access not only contacts, but also photos, videos, messages, WhatsApp messages, call history, music, documents of iTunes/iCloud backup.
Free download the trial version of FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery and have a try.
1. Enter iTunes Backup Extractor
Download, install and run the program on your computer. Then, choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File".
2. Start Scan and Extract iTunes Backup
The software will detect and show the backups you have created on this computer with iTunes. Choose the iPhone backup and then click "Start Scan" at the right bottom of the window.
3. View Contacts from iTunes Backup
All the files that have been found will display on the left side in well-organized categories. Click "Contacts", you can preview detail contents of you lost contacts.
(You can choose "Only display deleted items" to list deleted contacts.)
4. Restore Contacts from Backup to PC
Choose the contacts you need, then click "Recover" button at the right bottom of the window. A dialog will pop up. Click "Open" in the dialog and then choose a target folder on the computer to save the contacts.
The software will export the contacts to three kinds of files: VCF(vCard) file, CSV file and HTML file. You are able to view the contacts on computer or transfer the VCF file to iPhone.
FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery (opens new window) also works as a data recovery tool to recover lost/deleted data. It can recover deleted contacts from iPhone. Moreover, it supports recovering iPhone SMS, photos, videos, call history, app data, WhatsApp, voice memos etc. as well.