How to Delete Playlists on iPhone and iPod
Though the popularity of iPhone and iPod as music players has never diminished, the popularity of music change from time to time. That is why you sometimes want to delete playlists on your iPhone or iPod to free up space for new playlists.
However, while taking to delete playlists, Apple users have different requirements:
• How to delete iPhone playlists that I created?
• How can I delete playlists in iPod touch only, leaving it on iTunes?
• How to delete native playlists (Classical Music, 90s Music, Recently Played, etc.) on iPhone?
To answer these questions completely, we divide this post into two parts:
If you want to clear those playlists which you have made on your iPhone, you can use FonePaw iOS Transfer. This iOS management utility allows you to delete, add, or transfer playlist to iTunes, computer and another iDevice. It is fully compatible with all iPhone, iPad and iPod models running from iOS 6 to iOS 9, including iPhone 6s/6/5s/4s, iPod touch 6/5/4, iPad Pro/Air/mini, etc. Follow the steps below to remove unwanted playlists from iPhone now.
1. Download, install and run FonePaw iOS Transfer on your computer
2. Connect iPhone/iPod to PC
Connect your iPhone or iPod to PC after launching the program. Your iPhone will be detected instantly after they're connected. After that, you can preview all information on your iPhone in the main interface.
3. Delete iPhone playlists
Click "Playlist" on the left column. In the playlist's window, all playlists on your device will be neatly listed. Choose those you want to delete and then click "Delete". In this way, you can delete playlists on your devices, but leaving them on iTunes.
Note: This method will only help you with those playlists which you have made on your iPhone. It will not delete the native playlists on your iPhone, such as Recently Played, My Favorite and 90s Music.
You can delete default playlists on your iPhone in "Music" app.
1. Go to "Music" and then "Playlist". You will see all playlists on your devices.
2. Choose the one you want to remove, then tape the More button (looks like...) to the right of the playlist.
3. Tap "Delete" and tap "Delete Playlist" to confirm...
That's it! With these two ways, you'll be able to delete any unwanted playlists from your iPhone. After deleting playlist, you can also use FonePaw iOS Transfer to create new playlists. Also, you can massively delete songs from iPhone, iPod or iPad. Please refer to How to Delete Music from iPhone Guide.
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Videos Eraser
- Audios Eraser
- Pictures and Other Eraser
- Free Up Space