Fast Solution to Convert MTS to MP4 Format
This article mainly focuses on how to convert AVCHD (MTS or M2TS) video to MP4 with the easiest way and shortest time. By assistance of the professional MTS to MP4 converter – FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate, you can quickly convert video from MTS to MP4 format.
MTS: MTS is also known as AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition). It is the format most commonly used by both Panasonic and Sony for their high definition camcorders. MTS is based on the MPEG-2 format that supports a transport stream in the 720p and 1080i resolution. Also, videos in AVCHD format can be burnt to a standard DVD disc that can be playable on an HDTV and Blu-ray Disc player.
MP4: MP4, shorten for MPEG-4 Part 14, is a digital multimedia format most commonly used to store video and audio, but can also be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images. This format has become the most widely used video formats in many portable devices, such as iPad, iPhone, PSP, PS3, Android Phones, Windows mobile phone Xbox, Zune, and many others, and some stream video site also apply MP4 streaming video, such as Facebook and Vimeo.
1. AVCHD is very popular amongst consumers for its high quality video image. But it also usually leads to an over-large file size. Nevertheless, files in MP4 format are smaller in size but high in audio and video quality. Therefore, by converting MTS to MP4, you can save more space on your computer or portable devices.
2. You can edit MTS in iMovie, Final Cut Pro or other movie editing software. But with MP4, you can do this easily.
3. By converting MTS to MP4, you can upload videos to website for sharing.
4. To make incompatible AVCHD files perfectly fit for iPhone, iPad, Android and more, you have to convert MTS to MP4
To convert MTS to MP4, a video converter is needed. Here FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate is highly recommended. This software provides the best all-in-one solution to convert any video from one format to another, including converting MTS to MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, FLV etc. Armed with NVIDIA's CUDA and AMD APP acceleration technology, this software enables you to experience 6X faster conversion speed.
Free download the trial version of this program and have a try now.
1. Add AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) files to the program
After running the program, simply click the "Add File" button to select MTS files from your hard drive. Batch adding and converting MTS are supported.
2. Choose MP4 as output format from the output profile
Click "Profile" in the bottom line. Then, choose MP4 as output video format from the pop-up list. You can also choose other output format if you like, such as AVI, FLV, MOV and WMV.
3. Start convert MTS to MP4
Click "Browse" to set the output folder. Then, click "Convert" button to start to convert MTS to MP4.
If you want to stop the process, please click "Stop button". After the conversion, you can click the "Output Folder" button in the bottom right of the program to get the converted file and transfer to your iPad, iPhone, hard driver or upload to facebook.
That's all about how to convert MTS to MP4. Actually, with the FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate built-in editing tool, you can also fine-tune your videos before or after converting them:
• Merge multiple videos into one video;
• Crop video quickly and easily to focus on specific area;
• Clip video and convert the segments you want;
• Personalize your video with special effects;
• Add watermark to your Videos;
• Convert 2D video to 3D.
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Convert to MP3
- Convert to MP4
- Convert to AVI
- Convert to WAV