How to Convert MP3 to M4R Ringtone
You may want to change your iPhone 6/5s/5/4s ringtone from time to time but don't want to pay $1.99 for every ringtone. In this case, you can make iPhone ringtone by yourself.
As we know, the M4R is the only ringtone file used by iPhone/iPad. However, most of the songs we get may in MP3 format. Then, we need to convert MP3 to M4R ringtone.
In this article, we'll show you how to change MP3 music to M4R ringtone and how to transfer converted m4r ringtone to iPhone directly.
Part I: Change MP3 Songs to M4R ringtone
To convert MP3 to M4R, you need a MP3 to M4R Converter. FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate is more than a video converter but an audio converter. This software can convert whole MP3 to M4R or a part of a song to M4R ringtone. Just follow the steps below and now create your own iPhone ringtone from your favorite music or video without ever buying from iTunes Store!
1. Free download the trial version of the program and install it on your computer
2. Add MP3 files to the program
Start up the MP3 to M4R converter tool. Then, click "Add File(s)" to upload MP3 files from your computer.
3. Set output format and choose output location
Click the "Profile" drop-down button to select "M4R – iPhone Ringtones (*.m4r)" from the "General Audio" category. Then, click "Browse" and select an output folder for the output M4R file.
4. Edit MP3 files (Optional)
Before conversion, you can edit MP3 files.
• Only convert a segment of MP3 to make ringtone:
Click "Clip" button to set the start time and end time for the will be converted M4R segment.
• Adjust MP3 size, codec, sample rate, bitrate, channel and volume:
Click "Setting" button. Here you can change audio codec, increase or decrease audio bitrate and sample rate, compress MP3 audio file size, etc.
5. Start to convert MP3 to M4R
Click the "Convert" button to start and finish the MP3 to M4R format conversion.
Part II: Transfer M4R ringtones to iPhone/iPad
After converting MP3 to M4R iPhone ringtone, FonePaw iOS Transfer can add and transfer converted M4R ringtone into your iPhone directly and easily without iTunes. With this software, you can even directly add MP3 files to your iPhone as ringtone since the program can convert MP3 files to M4R automatically. Free download the trial version of FonePaw iOS Transfer and follow the steps below to put M4R ringtones to your iPhone/iPad.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB.
2. Go to the left panel of the program, unfold "Media" tab, and highlight "Ringtone" on the right top menu bar.
3. Click "Add" to import the converted M4R files from your computer to iPhone.
4. On your iPhone go to "Settings > Sounds > Ringtone" and select the ringtone. All done!
Conclusion about MP3 to M4R
This is an integrated solution to turn MP3 music to iPhone ringtones. If your budget is tight, you can consider use iTunes to sync converted M4R ringtone to your iPhone. With FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate, you can freely convert almost all video and audio formats, such as converting MP4 to MP3 and converting MOV to AVI. Just download and try!
Thank you for providing feedback!