How to Convert M4A to MP3
I have been asked several times for advice on how to convert M4A to MP3 and what multimedia tools are best for the task. I understand why these two questions are asked frequently.
M4A audio files are pretty popular among Apple devices. But players from other manufacturers may prefer a number of different formats. If you hope your music or audiobooks to be readily played on any computer or other multimedia device, you may think about converting M4A to a widely supported format - MP3.
For what tools are the best to complete this task, my advice would be iTunes or FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate. Both of these two tools can change M4A file format to MP3 perfectly. If you do not have iTunes installed or rather not use the program, you can choose FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate.
FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate assists you in dealing with aggravating file-formatting problems associated with your music and audiobooks files. With it, you can convert M4A files to MP3 easier than you think.
1. Add M4A files to the program
Download, install and then run this M4A to MP3 converter on your computer. Next, click "Add Files" to upload your .m4a files to the program. This program has batch converting feature so that you can import several files at one time.
2. Choose the output format: MP3
Click the "Profile" line and then in the "General Audio" category, choose MP3 - MPEG Layer-3 (*.mp3) as the output format. You will be able to customize the format parameters by clicking the "Settings" button.
3. Start M4A to MP3 conversion
Simply press on the "Convert" button at the bottom right of the currently opened panel to convert M4A to MP3 audio format.
1. Launch iTunes and Navigate to iTunes > Preferences > Importing Settings…
2. Choose MP3 Encoder from the pop-up menu. For the Setting popup, specify a quality preference. I recommend the highest quality (192 kbps).
3. Click OK. Then Click OK again to close Preferences.
4. Go to the iTunes library and select one or more .m4a files you want to convert. Then, Go to File > Create New Version > Create MP3 Version. iTunes will convert your M4A file to the MP3 specifications you established previously.
5. By default, the converted media will be saved in the iTunes Media folder of your computer.
People who own an iPhone, iPad, iPod or a Mac computer might be familiar with the .m4a format. The .m4a file signifies the audio layer of (non-video) MPEG 4 movies and is encoded with advanced audio coding (AAC) that is a lossy compression. It is generally regarded as the successor to MP3 and produces better audio quality and smaller size than MP3 file.
More information about FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate
Aside from changing .m4a to .mp3, FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate supports converting other audio files to MP3, such as converting FLAC to MP3 and converting WAV to MP3. You can also extract .mp3 files from videos. Download it and have a try.
Is this helpful?
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Convert to MP3
- Convert to MP4
- Convert to AVI
- Convert to WAV