How to Backup iPhone without iTunes
iPhone users rely much on iTunes to transfer files and backup iPhone. However, some people complains that iTunes cannot backup specific files and sometimes "iTunes doesn't recognize iPhone" which will be very annoying if you are in need of backing up your iPhone files to computer. But how can we backup iPhone without iTunes?
FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore is an excellent iTunes alternative which can backup music, videos, playlists, photos, movies, TV shows, Notes, Voice memos, Audiobooks and more to PC with one click. Besides, it can protect your vital backup with password.
Free download the trial version on your computer and have a try.
- Part 1: One Click to Backup Data from iPhone to PC without iTunes
- Part 2: iCloud as An Alternative to iTunes Backup
1. Launch the program on your computer. Then, connect iPhone to the computer. Find "iOS Data Backup & Restore" on the left of the program window. Click "iOS Data Backup" to continue.
2. There are two options for you and here suggest you to select "Encrypted backup" to set a password to protect your backup. Then, hit "Start" to go.
3. Tick data types as you like. Although the program helps you tick all by default, you can change it. For example, tick "Contacts", "Messages", etc. to the next step.
4. After backup, you can see the size of the backup and even preview the items. You're able to back up more data or restore files to another device.
You can back up the iPhone via iCloud regardless whether you have a PC. To backup iPhone to iCloud, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and turn on "iCloud Backup". The same limitation as with iTunes backup exists however when it comes to restore iOS data to the iPhone. The principle is "All or Nothing" which means that you cannot only restore certain iOS data to the iPhone from iCloud.
Tips: However, data loss is also a common experience for computer users, so you’d better to backup your computer’s data regularly as well. In that case, it’s always recommended to create a system image with AOMEI Backupper so as to restore everything back to an earlier state. It also supports to set automatic backup for Windows 10, incremental & differential backup to save time and energy.
After trying FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore, you must compared it with iTunes and iCloud and how do you draw a conclusion of them? Now, let's take the note:
1. Which one can protect your privacy? The three may do but iOS Data Backup & Restore allows you to customize a password for a backup. As for iTunes and iCloud, if you use a third-party tool to scan the backup, you are needed to unlock the backup. iOS Data Backup & Restore only can be unlocked by FonePaw.
2. Which one can back up faster? Of course, that is FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore since iCloud depends too much on network while iTunes always runs slowly and even makes your computer go slowly. Moreover, iOS Data Backup & Restore can back up your files without network.
3. Which one can allow me to preview the items? iCloud and iTunes can do a whole backup for iOS but you cannot preview the details. For FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore, it provides you chance to view the files after backing up and before restoring.