How to Backup iPhone WhatsApp Messages
I Want WhatsApp Backup on My iPhone Now!
It is 9 PM, the correct time to stop working and chat with friends. The WhatsApp groups on my iPhone has been screaming for attention for an hour – a college classmates group, grade school friends, family members, colleagues and more. Till now, I have over 7,000 messages and nearly 1,000 pictures and videos in WhatsApp. I'm sure that a horror story will come into being if I lost my iPhone 7, restore the iPhone 6 after iOS 10 update, drop my iPhone into water or uninstall WhatsApp because all these WhatsApp messages will be gone.
People Also Read:
So, can you backup iPhone WhatsApp messages? Sure! With the latest version of WhatsApp, you can make a backup of WhatsApp directly from the app or with a pratical tool.
1. To backup iPhone WhatsApp messages manually, you can open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone and go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and tap Back Up Now.
2. Alternatively, you can enable automatic backup. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chat Backup and select Auto Backup and then choosing your backup frequency.
• iCloud Drive (iPhone Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive) must be set to ON before backing up iPhone WhatsApp.
• Your backup is stored in iCloud. If you want to view the details of the backup, you can extract WhatsApp messages from iPhone backup.
• It is recommended to turn "Save Incoming Media" on so the images and videos you received will be automatically saved in Camera Roll. But these videos and photos may occupy the storage of your iPhone quickly. Therefore, it is advised to transfer these saved videos from iPhone to computer as a backup. Then, delete them on your device to make room for other files.
3. If you change iPhone, you'll be promoted to restore WhatsApp from a backup first time you install it, as long as you're using the same iCloud account. On the same iPhone, reinstall WhatsApp > login with your phone number and you'll be promoted to restore WhatsApp chat history from iCloud.
Besides to back up on WhatsApp app, there is another pratical way for you. FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore can do more for you:
It is compatible with more data types, not only WhatsApp. For instance, photos, videos, notes, reminders, safari bookmark, etc.
It works for backup and restoring without network so it goes faster.
It can be set with password for the backup so that others cannot access your vital files.
It is for free backup and those backups take up smaller size on PC.
1. Launch the program and connect phone to PC. When you are in "iOS Data Backup & Restore" page, please tick "iOS Data Backup".
2. You're able to select "Stanard backup" or "Encrypted backup" to choose data that you want.
Note that if you want to keep an encrypte backup, please set a password for it which should be easy for you but difficult for others.
3. Select what you want, like "WhatsApp & Attachments" and go to backing up step. Then, there will come with a window telling you "Congratulation!" and you are successful to back up data on iPhone 7/7 Plus/8/8 Plus/X.
4. You can still go to back up more or restore to device. Before that, it is suggested to check the backup results. Just move to preview the previous backup files to check WhatsApp Messages backup.
These two methods offered for you. Please choose one of them to back up your WhatsApp right now. If you lost vital data and have no backup, you can check here:
Thank you for providing feedback!