iPhone SMS Backup: Backup Text Messages on iPhone
Whether it's for personal or legal reasons, you may want to backup text messages - both SMS and iMessages. Just thinking about preventing text messages loss from unexpected accident, or the importance of keeping threatening texts from someone, you'll know why backup text messages is important.
To backup iPhone text messages, iTunes is really a good tool. However, you can't choose to only backup messages. What's worse, when we open iTunes backup files, we only find a SQLITDB file which is unreadable totally. Now, two fast ways without troubles are listed for you.
FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore offers a fantastic feature for iOS users. That is to back up your data with password so that no one can access your privacy.
1. Go into "More Tools" and select "iOS Data Restore". For your need to back up SMS, "iOS Data Backup" is situable for you.
2. Choose "Encrypted Backup" to set a password for the backup. Please remember the passcode. Otherwise, your backup cannot be restored or previewed.
3. Choose "Messages & Attachments" to keep the contents. The text, phone numbers, names and the media files can be backed up together with "Next" button.
4. Just in several moments, you can view how many items you have saved and whether the backup is successful.
With FonePaw iOS Transfer, you can get rid of these troubles. This tool enables you to backup iPhone messages on computer so that you can keep these SMS text messages for future use. The messages can be exported as CSV, HTML, or TXT files which are readable. This iPhone SMS backup program supports iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus/6s, iPhone 6 Plus/6, etc.
You can now download the trial version now and I'll show you steps to backup text messages from iPhone to computer.
1. Launch iPhone SMS Backup program & connect iPhone to computer
When the installation is done, run the program and connect your iPhone to PC. This program will detect your iPhone automatically.
2. Backup iPhone SMS
Find SMS from the left column and click it. You'll see that all text messages on your iPhone are displayed on main window. From here, you can choose to backup selected iPhone text messages or backup all text messages on iPhone.
To backup selected messages, check the check box in front of each wanted text messages. Click "Export to" > "Export Selected Messages" to save the messages as the format (CSV File, HTML File, TXT File) you want.
To backup all messages, click "Export to" and choose "Export All Messages". Then, the process of baking up text messages begins.
Besides messages, these two programs can also backup iPhone contacts, backup iPhone photos and backup iPhone without iTunes. To choose a safe way or a quick way is up to you. In fact, they will satisfy your need.