How to Backup iPhone Data Before Upgrading to iOS 9
iOS 9 is the mobile operating system for iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4/3/2, iPad Pro and iPod touch 6/5. You can get the free upgrade in this fall.
iOS beta has been available to developers since WWDC 2015. Some of you may be eager to update your iOS devices to iOS 9 to have a look at the new fantastic features like proactive Siri, Apple News app, Apple Pay, smarter maps, multitasking, etc. But before upgrading to iOS 9, remember to back up your iDevices, in case you lose data.
As always, you can use iTunes, iCloud or FonePaw iOS Transfer to back up your device.
1. Download the free trial version and install FonePaw iOS Transfer on your computer. FonePaw iOS Transfer can back up contacts, photos, videos, messages.music, movies, playlists,ect. on your iOS devices.
2. Connect iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to computer with a USB port and run this program. Once the device is detected by FonePaw iOS Transfer, click "To Folder" in the main window. When the scan is complete, click "Start". All your Music, Videos, Playlists, Movies, Voice Memos, Podcasts, Books, Photos, SMS, Contacts, and more will be transferred to your computer for backup.
3. If you want to selectively back up data from iOS devices, such as back up music to computer, transfer iPhone photos to PC, or export text messages to computer, you can go to the sidebar to proceed with the transfer.
1. Install and launch the latest version of iTunes, and then plug your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into computer.
2. Click the device button and "Back up Now". Or go to File > Devices > Back up. Then iTunes will start backing up the data.
If your iOS devices are running iOS 8 or later, tap "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Backup" > "Back Up Now". For iOS 7, tap "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Storage & Backup" > "Back Up Now".
In short, no matter what method you choose, the aim is to safely back up the data of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch 5. If you need help to backup iOS device, just leave your comments!
Is this helpful?
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Transfer from iDevice to PC
- Copy from PC to iDevice
- Switch to New Device
- Sync iPhone to New PC
- Photos from iPhone to iPhone
- Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- Music from iPhone to iPhone
- Backup iDevice