How to Backup iPhone Data Before Upgrading to iOS 11
When iOS 9 was released in WWDC 2015, you will update your iPhone/iPad to the newest version to get the new feature like proactive Siri, Apple News app. But before upgrading to iOS 9, remember to back up your iDevices, in case you lose data. Now, iOS 11 come out, would you still update immediately?
The same as updating to iOS 9, to upgrade your iOS 11, it is suggested you to back up before.
- Part 1: Save Your Data with iOS Data Backup & Restore
- Part 2: Backup iOS devices with FonePaw iOS Transfer
- Part 3: Backup iOS devices with iTunes
- Part 4: Backup iOS devices with iCloud
FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore can help you do a backup and restoring for your iOS data. Besides, it can:
encrypt your backup files with password.
create a backup taking up less space on PC
undo restoring process
1. Go into "More Tools" > "iOS Data Backup & Restore" > "iOS Data Backup".
2. Choose backup mode. Here suggest you to set a passcode for the backup.
3. Select certain data type to start backing up.
4. Wait for backing up. In this process, please do not disconnect the phone to PC.
1. Download the free trial version and install FonePaw iOS Transfer on your computer. FonePaw iOS Transfer can back up contacts, photos, videos, messages.music, movies, playlists,ect. on your iOS devices.
2. Connect iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to computer with a USB port and run this program. Once the device is detected by FonePaw iOS Transfer, click "To Folder" in the main window. When the scan is complete, click "Start". All your Music, Videos, Playlists, Movies, Voice Memos, Podcasts, Books, Photos, SMS, Contacts, and more will be transferred to your computer for backup.
3. If you want to selectively back up data from iOS devices, such as back up music to computer, transfer iPhone photos to PC, or export text messages to computer, you can go to the sidebar to proceed with the transfer.
1. Install and launch the latest version of iTunes, and then plug your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into computer.
2. Click the device button and "Back up Now". Or go to File > Devices > Back up. Then iTunes will start backing up the data.
If your iOS devices are running iOS 8 or later, tap "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Backup" > "Back Up Now". For iOS 7, tap "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Storage & Backup" > "Back Up Now".
In short, no matter what method you choose, the aim is to safely back up the data of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch 5. If you need help to backup iOS device, just leave your comments!
Thank you for providing feedback!