iPad Backup: How to Backup iPad & iPad Air/Mini
Backing up iPad is important because it permits you to recover all your iPad data if you lose your iPad files accidently. Apple provides two ways to backup your iPad: backup iPad with iTunes or backup iPad to iCloud. However, do you notice that both iTunes and iCloud cannot backup the non-purchased audios and videos? Plus, it will take you much time to backup iPad with iTunes and there is only 5 GB free storage on iCloud. Is there an ideal way to backup iPad?
Yes! In this post, we offer two for you!
- Solution 1: iPad Backup on PC with Password
- Solution 2: One-Click Backup iPad Pro/Air/Mini on Computer
FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore can back up and restore your iPad data simply. All the backup files are saved in your PC and you're able to restore them to both PC and device. What's more, you can undo the restoring process on device if you are not pleased with the results.
1. Launch FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore and go into "iOS Data Backup". If you cannot find it out firstly, you can move into "More Tools".
2. When the iPad is connected, please choose ideal backup mode: "Encrypted Backup" which is better than the standard backup since it can prevent your backup being checked by others.
Tip: If you are a forgetful person, please write down the password that you set. If you forgot it, you cannot get it back.
3. Your iPhoen data is showed on the screen, so please select the type of contents you need and go to the next step. The default choice is "Select All" but you can uncheck it and tick what you want.
4. Your iPad is being backed up now and you can find the details about the backup after it finishes. When it is done, you would notice the backup via FonePaw iOS Data Backup & Restore is much smaller than backup via iTunes on PC.
FonePaw iOS Transfer can backup iPad easily and quickly. Check below what this software can do for you:
• One click to backup iPad non-purchased audios and videos as well as the purchased ones to computer/iTunes;
• Backup iPad Camera Roll and Photo Library to computer;
• Backup iPad contacts and restore it quickly;
• Export SMS, music, photos, contacts, videos, movies etc. to computer to backup;
• Work well with iPad, The New iPad, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini 4/3, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro running iOS 6 to iOS 11
Free download the trial version below and backup your iPad quickly.
Download, install and launch the program on your computer. Then, connect iPad to the computer for backup. You will see the windows as below:
2. Backup iPad to computer/iTunes
Backup iPad to computer: Click "To Folder" on the bottom line of the primary window. The program will start to scan your iPhone. Then, click "Start" to backup music, photos, contacts, SMS, movies, videos etc. to computer.
Backup iPad to iTunes: Click "To iTunes" > "Start" to copy music, playlists, movies, podcasts, iTunes U, music videos, TV shows and audiobooks into iTunes library.
3. Selectively backup iPad data
With FonePaw iOS Transfer, you can also selectively backup the files you need. You can find Media, Playlists, Photos, Books, Contacts and SMS in the left column. By clicking Media, you can find Music, Movies, Podcasts, Music Videos, TV Shows, Ringtones and Audiobooks. Just select the files you need and click "Export to"> "Export to PC" or "Export to iTunes Library" to backup them.
FonePaw iOS Transfer is so powerful that it can backup iPad/iPhone/iPod to computer within seconds. It also gives you the choice to backup what you really need. Plus, "To iTunes" "To folder" "To iDevice" "Backup Contacts" "Restore Contacts" are here for you to choose and backup contents in batches.
Thank you for providing feedback!