Sometimes you need to send files from Android to Mac; however, when you plug an Android smartphone or tablet into a Mac then you find nothing happens! Transferring android files to Mac causes users a lot of troubles, to be true, but this article will give you three practical and easy ways to transfer Android files to Mac, for example, transferring files from Samsung, LG, Nexus, Google Pixel, HTC, Xiaomi to iMac/MacBook.
- Solution 1: Use Android File Transfer
- Solution 2: FonePaw Android Data Recovery for Mac
- Solution 3: Samsung Smart Switch for Mac
The best way to send files to Mac is using Android File Transfer. It is an official tool developed by Android team, small but powerful, allowing you to browse and transfer files between your Mac and your Android device. Notice that it only supports Android 3.0 or later; and it can read and transfer the files and folders only in the internal storage and portable storage of your Android device, so it can't transfer contacts, messages or call logs. But it's free and safe to use it to send files! All you have to do is:
1. Download the app from Android File Transfer.
2. Open the “androidfiletransfer.dmg” file and drag Android File Transfer to Applications folder.
3. Open the app and connect your Android device to your Mac with USB cable as a media device.
4. Now you are able to browse your phone's internal storage and portable storage. You can drag files and folders (up to 4GB) to your Mac.
It is a pity that Android team stopped updating Android File Transfer, so for some phones, it may not work properly. When such thing happens, there is an Android File Transfer alternative software that you can rely on - FonePaw Android Data Recovery for Mac.
FonePaw Android Data Recovery is powerful and versatile. Not only it allows you to transfer files to Mac, including contacts, messages, call logs and other data that Android File Transfer can’t read and transfer, but alsoprovides a better user experience, for example, users can preview pictures and videos. Besides, FonePaw Android Data Recovery also allows you to recover deleted data safely and easily from PC.
Download FonePaw Android Data Recovery and install it to have a try right now.
Now launch FonePaw Android Data Recovery and connect your Android device to your Mac with USB cable. There are only four steps to send files from your Android device to your Mac.
1. Click on "Android Data Recovery" and connect your phone to PC. Then, it may take some time and the app will ask for access to USB Debugging, please allow it.
2. Select the data type that you want to backup then the app will start to ask for access to your Android data. Besides, notice that the app will only scan the type of files that you choose in order to save time.
3. After the app gets permission, it will start scanning. FonePaw Android Data Recovery can also search deleted files, so, if you don't need to recover the deleted files, you can stop scanning when the progress bar does not move for a long time. After the scan finished, click on "Recover" and you can choose where to save your files.
4. When transfer is done, go check it in the output folder where you can find all your files well-organized according to formats.
For Samsung smartphones, an app called Smart Switch developed by Samsung is safe and fast to use. Originally, it's made for switching from old Android, iOS, BlackBerry or Windows Mobile device to new Galaxy smartphone, but it can also be used to send files to Mac.
By the way, there is a similar app for LG, called LG Bridge. With it, you can manage content on your devices wirelessly and backup & restore files via USB.
Though both of them are for certain devices, it is convenient and fast to transfer files from Samsung or LG smartphones to Mac. Here we take Smart Switch as an example:
2. Connect your Samsung device to your Mac with USB cable;
3. Just click on the "Backup" button then it will backup your contacts, emails, applications and etc. automatically.
All the above are the easy and practical three ways to transfer Android files to Mac. Could the above solutions help with the issue? Welcome to share it with your friends and feel free to share your ideas below.