We've already discussed about the HDR mode and the burst mode in iPhone camera, now let's take a look at the built-in filters offered by your iPhone camera. If you are serious about iPhone photos and enjoy using all kinds of filters in your images, don't rush to look for other high quality photography apps to get different filters, you can have a lot of fun using the built-in filters in your iPhone camera as well.
9 Different Camera Filters
• Mono: Lowered brightness black and white
• Tonal: Basically the default setting but stripped of saturation
• Noir: High contrast black and white imagery
• Fade: Lightened image with lower saturation
• None: No filter, the Camera app default
• Chrome: Brightened image with higher saturation
• Process: Semi-washed out image with a blue hue
• Transfer: Somewhat over exposed warm hue
• Instant: Retro brightened image with a yellow hue
Shoot Photos with Filters from iPhone Camera App
Instead of editing photo with filters from the Photos app, you are able to apply real-time filters to the photo you are composing with the Camera app. Here is how to do it:
1. Launch the Camera app on iPhone, then you should see three white circles in the bottom-right corner. Tap on the three circles.
2. 9 filter effects will show up, and you can choose a filter from the live preview by taping on it. That filter will be applied to the photo you are composing.
3. Take the photo as usual and the picture will be saved to your Camera Roll with the filter applied.
Apply Filter Effects to Pictures You've Captured Already
1. Launch the Photos app, and tap on a photo you would like to edit.
2. On the photo preview screen, tap on Edit from the upper right corner.
3. Tap on the three circles again and select a filter to be applied.
4. Click on Done to apply the filters.
Without using the photo filter apps on the market, you can also make your photos look fantastic by applying the variety of built-in filters in iPhone camera. Try them out and see what your photos would look like. Hope this guide will be helpful!