If you use WhatsApp frequently, you find that it stores plenty of communicating text, images and videos. It is convenient if you want to take a review on it. However, these chat history can eat up large space which may cause lag performance of your iPhone and some of them are somehow confidential. Luckily, aside from stop WhatsApp from saving photo and videos to iPhone, there are ways that you can apply to delete WhatsApp messages permanently from iPhone 6s/6/5s.
Note: You are advised to backup your iPhone WhatsApp messages before deleteion so you can get them back easily if accident deletion happened.
1. Launch WhatsApp and then tap on contact or group conversation that contains the messages you want to delete in Chats.
2. Hold your finger on a certain message to bring up options including Copy, Forward and Delete.
3. Tap on Delete then you are able to tick off messages you want to delete.
4. Mark down one or more messages you want to delete, and then tap on Delete (Trash icon) on the bottom page of the screen to remove the single or multiple messages on your iPhone.
1. Launch WhatsApp on iPhone and then go to Chats.
2. Decide messages under which contact you want to delete. Swipe left the contact to show available options.
3. You will see two options: More and Archive. Tap on More and then Clear Chats to delete chat history from a contact.
Note: If you delete a Group Chat, you will see Exit button instead of Delete. Tap on Exit, and then swipe left again. Then tap on More > Delete Group to remove the group chat from iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to Settings.
2. Tap Chats and then select Clear All Chats.
3. You will be required to enter WhatsApp number to accomplish your order. Confirm your action by taping on Delete All Chats. That's it. All WhatsApp messages are removed permanently from your iPhone, but you can continue to participate in groups or conversation.
1. Open WhatsApp on iPhone then tap on Settings.
2. Navigate to Account > Delete My Account.
3. Type in your mobile phone number with full international format: + [Country Code] [Full Phone Number].
4. Confirm your action by taping on Delete My Account again.
That's it. There are many ways to delete WhatsApp messages; you can remove a single message, individual chat history or even the whole conversation from iPhone. Hope above methods bring you a smooth deletion of WhatsApp data. By the way, if you delete iPhone WhatsApp messages accidently without backup, try FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery to recover delete WhatsApp chat history from your iPhone.