How to Install and Configure iCloud Control Panel for Windows
iCloud is an awesome new service for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5 or later, or a Mac with OS X Lion 10.7.2 or later. iCloud works seamlessly if you own a Mac, but it's a little more complicated for Windows users. Here is how to make iCloud work on Windows PC.
- Part 1: Download and Install iCloud Control Panel for Windows
- Part 2: What iCloud Control Panel for Windows Can do
1. First, download iCloud Control Panel for Windows. It only works with Windows Vista SP 2 and higher – Windows XP users are out of luck.
Note: If you're running Outlook during the installation, you'll receive a notification to close out of it before continuing with the installation.
2. Follow the install wizard and when it's done, make sure Open the iCloud Control Panel is checked. Click Finish.
3. If it doesn't open automatically,
In Windows 8.1: Go to the Start screen; click the down arrow in the lower-left corner, then click the iCloud app.
In Windows 8: Go to the Start screen, then click the iCloud tile.
In Windows 7: Choose Start menu > All Programs > iCloud > iCloud.
4. Enter in your Apple ID and password. Click Sign in.
5. The iCloud Control Panel makes it easy to keep your contacts, calendars, and bookmarks up to date automatically between your iOS devices and Windows PC. Choose the content types that you want to keep updated across your devices. For example, if you want to sync your bookmarks, click Options.
6.After making your selections click Apply.
Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Reminders Sync: iCloud Control Panel can sync this information with Outlook 2007 or later. If you don't use Outlook, don't worry — you can access this data on the iCloud website.
Bookmarks: Your Safari bookmarks can be synced with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Photos: iCloud Control Panel can automatically download photos from your iCloud Photo Stream to your PC. This is essential if you want to have a local back up of your photos or want to transfer photos from iPhone to PC for freeing up space.
Manage iCloud Storage: This feature allows you to see what's taking up space on your iCloud storage - for example, device backups and settings backups from apps you've used - and delete them to free up space.
See your files with iCloud Drive: When you turn on iCloud Drive,iCloud for Windows creates an iCloud Drive folder in File Explorer. Any documents that you've stored in iCloud will automatically download to the iCloud Drive folder in File Explorer.
It is easy to download and set up iCloud Control Panel for Windows. With it, you can manage your iOS device contents and files much easier.So, why not download, install and use it right now.
Thank you for providing feedback!