Change the Slow Motion Video Recording Speed on iPhone
How do you like the slo-mo video-recording mode on the iPhone 5s/6/6s? I bet you will find it interesting if you've read our guide on how to record slo-mo videos on iPhone previously. But most of you might not realize that the frame rate of the slow motion video is adjustable and you've got 2 settings altogether: 120 FPS (Frames Per Second) slow-motion capturing and the new default of 240 FPS slow-motion capturing. So, what's the difference?
The Difference in 120 FPS and 240FPS Slow Motion
• 1080p HD at 120 FPS: It's the default choice for slo-mo video recording when this feature first launched on the iPhone 5. (1080p Slo-mo = 375 MB a minute)
• 720p HD at 240 FPS: Now the upgraded iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus has added 240 FPS as the default choice for slo-mo video recording. And the new iPhones still offer 120 FPS slo-mo capturing. (720p Slo-mo = 300 MB a minute)
How to Toggle between the Two Different Speeds
1. Launch the Settings app on iPhone 6s/6.
2. Scroll down until you see Photo & Camera, tap on it.
3. From the Photo & Camera setting menu, select Record Slo-mo.
4. There are two options to choose: 1080p HD at 120 fps and 720p HD at 240 fps. Choose the one you like by clicking on it.
Note that slo-mo video recorded at 240 FPS or 120 FPS might take up a huge size of the iPhone storage, so make sure that your iPhone have enough room to store the videos. And if you are looking for high quality slo-motion recording, then go for the 240 PFS. But if you're not care much about the quality, then use 120 FPS will be just fine.
Thank you for providing feedback!
- Camera Tricks
- Download Youtube Videos to iPhone
- Use Filters on iPhone
- Record Slo-Mo Videos
- Take Photos at Night
- Enable Camera Grid
- Photos Editing
- Combine Multiple Photos into One
- EyeEm:Alternative to Instagram
- Brushstroke:Turn Photos into Painting
- Snapseed: Great Photo-editing Tool
- iPhone Photos Transfer
- iPhone Photos Recovery