AirDrop Not Working? Troubleshoot Your File Transfer Woes
Friends tend to share with each other. For Apple devices, AirDrop is a faster and safer way to transfer data from iOS to iOS devices, or iOS devices to Mac. However, some technological flaws are inevitable. Currently, rants concerning AirDrop from a number of Apple users have been besetting Apple Company.
"My AirDrop doesn't work. My girlfriend is still waiting for the photos we took just now."
"I cannot see your name on my iPhone 6s Plus, are there anything wrong?"
"Though I can see your name, tapping it gets no response."
Some of the Apple users have encountered those problems before. Now, follow the solutions here and troubleshoot "Airdrop not working" prolem. Have a try!
Before looking for solutions, you need to check for these below.
• AirDrop Supports Only: iPhone 5 and later, iPad 4th generation and later, iPad mini and later, and iPod touch 5th generation in iOS 7 or later, or a 2012 or later Mac with OS X Yosemite (10.10).
• Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth have already turned on.
• You should stay within roughly 10 meters (30 feet) from the receiving device. You do not need to be signed into the same iCloud account, though you will need to be connected to iCloud in order to limit AirDrop to "Contacts Only."
Solution 1: Check out Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Somehow people just ignore turning on both of them. Please go to "Settings" > "Bluetooth" > turn Bluetooth on. Then, go to "Settings" > "Wi-Fi" > turn Wi-Fi on.
Make sure that AirDrop is enabled on your iOS device as well as on recipient’s iOS device. There is no need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
• If you're sharing Contacts Only and can't find a nearby user, check that both of you are signed in to iCloud. If you still can't find a nearby user, consider setting AirDrop to Everyone. You might also need to turn off Personal Hotspot on one or both devices.
• Not all apps support AirDrop. Make sure those contents are sharable in the first place.
Solution 2: Reset Network
AirDrop transfers data between Apple devices via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Both of them are part of network settings. If there is any issue in any of the network settings, AirDrop is likely to malfunction. It is also impossible to make out where exactly is the problem, so the easiest way is to reset network settings. Please go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings". This is likely to resolve the AirDrop not working issue.
Solution 3: Reboot Your Device
There are occasions when your iDevices stop working effectively because of technical flaws. If Airdrop doesn’t work, go for the reboot. Just hold down the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for around 10 seconds and your devices will restart.
Solution 4: Update Your iOS Operating System
It is possible that AirDrop issues are already addressed in the latest iOS version. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update". If there is any available update, then all you need to do is to tap on it to download and install. Check again if AirDrop has started working.
Note: You are advised to back up your iPhone before updating too avoid data loss due to any wrong happened during upgrading.
Solution 5: Choose FonePaw iOS Transfer as an Alternative
If AirDrop is still not working, you’d better choose another program as an alternative. Here we recommend you FonePaw iOS Transfer. It’s an outstanding program, which enables you to transfer data from iDevices to iDevices, from iDevices to computer and vice versa without a hitch. With it, you can share iPhone music, photos, movies, etc. with your friendly easily. Have a try now!
Thank you for providing feedback!