What is TWRP Recovery? TWRP is short for 'Team Win Recovery Project', which is an Android-based custom recovery. As opposed to the Stock Recovery, it outperforms in many ways like:
Restoring an Existing Backup
Flash ZIP Files
Don'T Miss Out:
However, you have to flash the TWRP Recovery on your Android so as to obtain these useful functions. So, how to flash the TWRP Recovery? Please exactly follow this step-by-step tutorial.
- Preparations: What to Do Before Going Any Further?
- Tutorial: How To Install TWRP Recovery on Android via ADB?
To install TWRP Recovery is a bit intricate if you're are not tech-savvy. Therefore, I will try my best to make it clear and simple to for your consideration. Above all, there are a few things to complete in advance.
1. Make sure that your Android device is charged over 60%.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your Android.
3. Install ADB and Fastboot drivers. These are the tools needed in the process of TWRP installation. So make sure that you're installed them properly on the computer.
4. Download the matching TWRP package in accordance with your Android device. Please choose or search for the TWRP Recovery package of your device.
5. Back up your Android in advance in case of the potential failure of flashing recovery.
Step 1. Navigate to and open the folder in which it stores the TWRP Recovery.img file.
Step 2. Now, please hook up your Android phone to the computer with USB cable. Make sure both devices stay connected during the process.
Step 3. Open a command window within that folder. To do so, please hold down "Shift" and "Right Click" in the folder and select "Open command window here".
Step 4. Type "adb reboot bootloader" in the command window to boot your Android into bootloader/fastboot mode.
Step 5. When in bootloader mode, type this in the command window: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img.
Note that 'twrp.img' is the filename of the TWRP package you downloaded. You should rename the original name of file to make it easy to recall.
Step 6. Now the twrp.img will start to be installing on your device. When it completes, type this final command to restart your device - fastboot reboot.
Please follow the exact steps to flash and install TWRP Recovery on your Android. If you have any misgivings, don't hesitate to drop your comments below. Let me solve your puzzle.