WhatsApp on iPhone back up chat history to iCloud. If you have backed up iPhone with iTunes, iTunes backup also includes WhatsApp messages and media files. So when you need to recover deleted WhatsApp messages, you can extract chat history from iPhone backup.
However, where are WhatsApp messages stored in iPhone backup? And how to extract WhatsApp messages and files from iCloud or iTunes backup? Here are 4 iPhone backup extractor that can help you extract WhatsApp data. Moreover, if you have no backup, you can also use the tools to recover WhatsApp data without backup.
# FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery
This FonePaw iPhone backup extractor (opens new window)can retrieve lost WhatsApp chat history in three ways: extract WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup, recover WhatsApp chats from iTunes backup and retrieve WhatsApp data from iPhone without backup. The WhatsApp extractor works for devices on iOS 11 and earlier, including iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus and more.
Free Download Buy with 20% off Free Download Buy with 20% off
How to Extract WhatsApp Messages from iPhone Backup
Extract from iTunes backup: Download this FonePaw WhatsApp extractor on the computer that has iTunes backups. The extractor will display all available iTunes backups. You can choose one of the backup to scan and extract WhatsApp chats.
Extract from iCloud backup: Use iCloud account to log in on this WhatsApp extractor. The program will show you all backups on the account and you can download the backups and view WhatsApp messages inside.
Recover WhatsApp messages without backup: Connect iPhone to computer and use the FonePaw program to scan out deleted WhatsApp messages.
- Find out all iCloud backups of your iCloud account, not only the latest one.
- Extract WhatsApp messages, attachments from iCloud/iTunes backup without restoring the whole backup.
- Provide preview of WhatsApp chat history (sender, date, contents, etc.) before extracting messages from iCloud/iTunes backup.
- Capable of recover SMS messages, iMessages, photos, contacts and other data from iPhone.
# Wondershare Dr. Fone for iOS
This software can also extract WhatsApp conversation from iCloud and iTunes backup if you mistakenly delete messages on WhatsApp. The WhatsApp extractor is available for both Win PC and Mac. And with USB cable, you can also use the software to recover WhatsApp messages and photos from iPhone without backup.
- The interface is very clear and simple. It can also recover more than 20 kinds of data from iCloud, iTunes and iPhone, including chat history of Kik and Viber.
- This is a toolkit that contains tools for data transfer, iOS backup & restore, etc. as well. But you have to download extra files to make these tools to work.
# Tenorshare UltData iPhone Data Recovery
Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery can extract WhatsApp messages, photos from iPhone backups. It also supports data extraction for other apps, like restoring messages and history from Facebook Messenger, Kik, Snapchat, Viber, Wechat. However, its free version doesn't allow you to view the messages, you have to purchase and register the software.
- Support data recovery for multiple apps, including WhatsApp, Facebook, Kik, etc.
- It takes too long to scan out data and the trial version can scan out data only.
# iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery
iMyFone has Smart Recovery to retrieve lost WhatsApp messages, photos, history in different situations. For example, if the WhatsApp messages are deleted accidentally, you can scan out the deleted messages from iPhone. If WhatsApp messages are missing because of factory reset, system update, the program will recommend you to extract WhatsApp messages from iTunes or iCloud backup.
- Extract 18 types of data from iCloud or iTunes backup, including WhatsApp messages, chat history of Line, Skype and more.
- Save WhatsApp messages on computer in .txt, .xls, .xml formats.
- Compared to the other three WhatsApp extractor, iMyFone takes longer to scan out deleted messages.
These are the best iPhone backup extractors to extract WhatsApp messages. Download the one you like to get back needed WhatsApp messages, photos, and attachments on iPhone.