How to Mirror iPhone/iPad to Samsung/LG Smart TV
When you are using your iPhone or iPad, have you ever found the screen not big enough to enjoy the videos and games, but puzzled by how to stream the screen to your TV? In this article, we would tell you four ways to mirror your iPhone, iPad to your smart TV.
- Method 1: Use a Lighting Digital AV Adaptor to Mirror iPhone/iPad to TV
- Method 2: How to Mirror iPhone to TV Without Apple TV
- Method 3: How to Mirror iPhone to Samsung/LG/Sony TV Wirelessly
- Method 4: How to Chromecast iPhone to TV
You have to prepare things as follow:
A Lighting Digital AV Adaptor;
An HDMI cable;
iOS device like iPhone/iPad;
A Smart TV like Samsung/LG smart TV.
After preparation, you could follow the step-by-step guide :
STEP 1: Plug a lightning connector into your iPhone/iPad.
STEP 2: Connect the TV and the adaptor with an HDMI cable. Make sure you plug the right HDMI port of both.
STEP 3: Turn the TV to HDMI mode through the remote and check if the iPad/iPhone screen displayed on the TV.
1. If what you have is iPhone 4S or older, or the three-generation iPad that has a 30-pin connector, you may choose an Apple Composite AV Cable. It's similar to the Lighting Digital AV Adaptor, however, you have to plug the composite video input to the TV rather than HDMI. Also, make sure that your video is SD rather than HD.
2. Please just wait for a moment for system adjustment if you find iPad or iPhone home screen appear on the television with low quality or in a box shape.
In this method, we would refer to an app named FonePaw ScreenMo, which will airplay an iPhone/iPad to a PC and then stream the iPhone/iPad screen to the TV through an HDMI cable. The app can save you a fortune since you don't have to purchase a Lighting Digital AV Adaptor or Apple TV.
The steps to airplay iPhone/iPad to a TV (Samsung, Sony, LG, etc.) are relatively simple.
STEP 1: Download FonePaw ScreenMo and install it on your PC.
STEP 2: Run the recorder.
STEP 3: Swipe up Control Center and tap on the Airplay button, choose "FonePaw ScreenMo" (your computer name). You can see your iPhone’s screen displayed on your computer.
STEP 4: Use an HDMI cable to connect your computer to the TV and you will see your iPhone's screen displayed on TV.
1. Make sure your iOS device and TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Make sure you connect the right HDMI output and input port. If your computer doesn't have an HDMI output port, you need to buy an HDMI Adapter.
3. Remember to adjust the information source of the TV to HDMI mode.
4. Most of the computer would automatically configure to output its screen to TV and you needn't do anything. However, if your PC does not, you should go to Control Panel on your PC and choose Screen Resolution (or find it through right click on the mouse) and select the TV in the Display drop-down box.
This method could be more expensive and you may have to prepare for this as follow:
An Apple TV;
An HDMI cable;
iOS device like iPhone/iPad;
A smart TV like Samsung/LG smart TV;
You should connect the Apple TV and smart TV with an HDMI cable. Make sure the Apple TV and smart TV are on the same Wi-Fi network. From then on you can see videos on the big screen in the following two ways.
One is that anytime you watch a video through the apps on your iPhone or iPad, you could swipe up the Control Center to hit the Airplay icon in apps.
Another is that you swipe up the Control Center on your iPhone/iPad, tap Airplay button to mirror the screen.Then you could watch the video on your phone on TV.
To learn more, go to How to Stream iPhone/iPad to Apple TV.
Chromecast is a small receiver device introduced by Google Inc to stream video from the Internet to the TV.
The process would be easy as listed below:
STEP 1. Connect Chromecast with the TV through the HDMI port and make sure both are on the same Wi-Fi network.
STEP 2. Run an app and choose what you want to watch. In fact, some app doesn't support Chromecast while some do. Video apps that support Chromecast could be like YouTube, Netflix and so on.
If an app supports Chromecast, you would find a Cast button, looks like the Wi-Fi symbol, usually on the upper right corner of the screen, then tap it and choose the device you want to cast. After that, you would see video displayed on the TV.
NOTE: If an app doesn't support Chromecast, you can't stream the video with the only Chromecast. Actually, Chromecast cannot achieve mirroring feature alone. If you want to mirror iPhone screen to TV via Chromecast, you need a PC and apps that have cast desktop function. You have to airplay your device screen to PC and use Chromecast and other apps to stream it to the TV, which is somewhat complicated.