HEIC to PNG: View HEIF on Windows and Android
The High Efficiency Image File (HEIC) is a new Apple image format applied on the iOS device with iOS 11. And the JPG or PNG files would be replaced by the HEIC photos on your iPhone. Why Apple made such change on the image format? What are the advantages of HEIC when comparing with JPG or PNG files?
1. Takes less space but keeps good image quality.
2. Supports 16-bit deep color images.
3. Supports multiple images in the same file, e.g. stereo 3D images.
4. Supports different media types, such as audio and text.
5. Supports auxiliary images, meaning that the images can preserve depth data.
But of course there are some flaws in the application of the HEIC files. The most relevant disadvantage would be its compatibility problem. You are not able to view and open the HEIC files on Windows PC, Android phone, iPhone with the earlier iOS version, and Mac computer with earlier OS version. It is undeniable that the HEIC make positive impacts in many ways, but if you want to access the files on your Windows, Android or other devices, you may need to convert them into other common image format such as PNG or JPG.
People also read:
In this guide, you will learn how to convert HEIC to PNG/JPG so that you are able to view the items on your Windows 10/8/7 or Android smartphone. Just scroll down and check it in details.
HEIC to PNG Converter: How to Open HEIC Files
FonePaw HEIC Converter Free program is free tool that allows users to convert HEIC files into JPG/PNG photos one by one or in batch. After the conversion, people can view or open the HEIC photos in no time. Now, just see the below steps to open the HEIC files on your Windows PC or Android.
Step 1. Get FonePaw HEIC Converter Free on Computer
To begin with, you need to get the FonePaw HEIC Converter Free on your PC and then, of course, install it.
Step 2. Add or Drag HEIC Photos to Program
Launch the program and then you will see the interface as below. Now, go to the HEIC photos on your computer and then drag then to the program. Or you can click on the "Add HEIC" to select the files on your PC.
Step 3. Adjust Conversion Settings
After you add the HEIC files to the program, you can see the items are displayed as a list. On the right pane of the interface, you are allowed to adjust the settings such as output format, quality, and output path, etc.
1. If you want to keep the high quality of image, you are advised to choose more than 85% (selecting 100% option will preserve images in the same quality as the original HEIC photos).
2. You are able to see an option of "Keep Exif Data" on the interface. If you check it in the box, you will be able to retain the important information such as the camera model, date and time, lens type, ISO speed, shutter speed, aperture and other settings on your images.
Step 4. View HEIF on Windows and Android
Click on the "Convert" button and it will convert and export the photos for you. After the conversion, just go to the folder where the items saved and you will be able to view the HEIF images on Windows.
Above is the whole guide to convert HEIC to PNG so that you can view the HEIC files on your Windows PC and Android. If you have any question about it, please drop us a comment below!