3 Ways to Export HEIF Photos to PC
I've got an iPhone 7 Plus updated to iOS 11. I was wondering how I could export photos in HEIF format (HEIC file extension) from iOS to PC for testing. Can somebody help me out with the problem?
- User from the forum
Some people are looking for an easy way to export HEIC photos from iPhone to Windows PC. Now, in this guide, you are able to learn how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer without iTunes in several simple steps. Besides, there are three workable methods for your choice. Just scroll down to check the details.
- Method 1: Export HEIF Photos to from iPhone PC Using AutoPlay
- Method 2: Export HEIC Photos to Computer with FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery
- Method 3: Sync HEIC Photos to PC Using iCloud
You are allowed to export the HEIF photos from iPhone to PC using the AutoPlay feature. Now, I will use a Windows 10 PC as an example to show you the steps below.
1. Connect your iPhone X/8/7 to your computer via a USB cable.
2. Go to the Start Search panel on your Windows 10. Then tap "AutoPlay" and choose the app to open the AutoPlay settings.
3. Switch on the "Use AutoPlay for all media devices" and scroll down to find out your device under the "Choose AutoPlay default" menu.
4. You should choose "Import photos and videos" option for your iPhone from the optional frame.
5. Now you may see a pop-up window to ask if you want to import HEIF photos from your iPhone camera roll to PC. If you are not prompted with the message, you can unplug you iPhone and re-connect it again.
But you should note that only the cameral roll photos can be transferred. The other types of the photos such as photo library and photo streams are not supported for the job. To solve it, you can refer to method 2 below.
People also read: How to Convert HEIC/HEIF Files into JPG
FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery can be a good choice if you want to move the iPhone HEIC photos to computer. Now, let's see how to import photos from iPhone to PC with the program below.
Step 1. Download and install the FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery program on your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Step 2. Launch the program and go to "iPhone Data Recovery > Recover from iOS Device". Then connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cable.
Step 3. Click on the "Start Scan" button and the program would scan your iPhone for all the photos including the HEIC ones.
Note: the deleted photos on your iPhone which has not been overwritten would be also scanned out and you can choose to recover them back with the program.
Step 4. After the scanning, you are able to preview the photos. Choose the HEIC files and click on the "Recover" button to export the photos from iPhone to PC.
Tips: As the HEIC photos are not accessible on Windows PC, you can check the "Automatically convert HEIC files to JPEG format for compatibilities" option to convert the HEIC photos into JPG and save them on computer.
iCloud provides a Windows platform so that it is possible for you to transfer the HEIC photos from iPhone to PC. You are able to download the all of the photos from iCloud to computer via the iCloud Photo Library on your Windows. Now, let’s see how to export HEIC photos to PC in details.
Step 1: Download iCloud for Windows and then install it on your PC.
Step 2. Launch the program and go to "Options > iCloud Photo Library > Done > Apply".
Step 3. On your iPhone, you need to go to "Settings > iCloud" to turn on the iCloud Photo Library.
Step 4. Now, go back to your computer and open File Explorer.
Step 5. To export HEIC photos from iPhone to PC, you should go to "Favorites > iCloud Photos > Download Photos and Videos" and get the items saved on your Windows.
If you have any problem when following the guide to export HEIC photos from iPhone to Windows, just leave a message on the comment box below to let us know!
Thank you for providing feedback!