[Solutions] iPhone X/8 Won't Turn on - Here's the Real Fix!
Since you are reading this page, something wrong may have happened to your iPhone X/8. But don't panic since you are here! This article introduces the reasons why iPhone X, 8/8 Plus, 7/7Plus, or 6/6s/6s Plus won't turn on and four practical ways to fix the problem. Follow the steps and it probably helps!
iPhone X/8 not turning on could be a software issue as well as a hardware one. Usually when conflicts occur then the software has crashed or the system has a fatal error, your iPhone won't turn on and needs to reset or restore the misbehaving apps or crashed system. However, when you have got your iPhone wet or dropped then find it not turning on or charge, it is the hardware problem. In some case dead battery also causes it. You should get in touch with Apple Support to get help.
Force restart iPhone X/8
Force restart your device is the first thing you should try when your iPhone won't turn on especially when the screen is black or frozen.
For iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus, follow the steps:
1. Press the Volume Up button and quickly release.
2. Then press the Volume Down button and quickly release.
3. Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
4. If your device still doesn't work properly, move to the next method.
Check the charge status
You should check the charge status of your iPhone when there is no response after you try to turn on your iPhone. Try the following steps:
1. Charge your iPhone for few minutes until you see the charging screen.
2. If you don't see the charging screen in one hour or you see it but with an image at the bottom like this:
Make sure that the USB cable and power adapter is firmly plugged in and work well. If you're using third-party charger, use official cable and the power adapter. If you still don't see the normal connect to power screen, try another USB cable or power adapter. If your iPhone X/8/8 Plus won't turn on or charge, move to the next method.
Restore iPhone X/8 without data loss
If the above two solutions don't work, especially when your iPhone gets stuck on Apple logo during turning on, you should try to restore your device by apps. You can rely on FonePaw iOS System Recovery, a powerful tool to fix iPhone back to normal status without data loss when it is stuck into recovery mode, DFU mode, white Apple logo, etc. The tool can also fix iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s or iPhone 5/5s that won't turn on.
Download it and have a try right now.
After installation, follow the steps to fix your iPhone.
Tip: Before fixing your iPhone, it is better that you have backed up your iPhone so that you won't lose any data.
1. Open the app and click on "iOS System Recovery". Then, plug your iPhone X or 8, 8 Plus to PC with USB cable.
2. Now you can select standard mode or advanced mode. We recommend you to try standard mode first, which is actually to update your device and doesn't erase user data. Follow the guide to put your iPhone X/8 in recovery mode: press the Volume Up button, then quickly press the Volume Down button and then press and hold the Side button; when you see a black screen press and hold the Volume Down button till you see the iTunes recovery screen on the iPhone X/8.
Tip: If it fails to fix your device under standard mode, go back to step 2 and try advanced mode which is actually restore your device to default and will erase all the user data. You can follow the guide to put your iPhone X/8 in DFU mode.
3. Select the device model and click on "Repair". The app will download the corresponding firmware package to your iPhone X or 8. If you don't exactly know the model of your phone, check it on the back side of your device.
4. Then the app will start repairing.
5. After repairing, check if your device is back to normal. If not, there might be some hardware issues.
Contact Apple Support
If none of the above methods are able to fix the problem and your iPhone X, 8/8 Plus still won't turn on, you should contact Apple Support to seek professional help and advice. Since iPhone X/8 is a new model, your phone probably is still under warranty and can get repaired for free.
All the above are the reasons why iPhone X or iPhone 8 won't turn on and four practical ways to fix the problem. Does this article help? Welcome to share your comments below!
- Hot Articles
- Forgot iPhone Passcode - How to Unlock iPhone Passcode
- How to Restore iPhone without Updating
- Quick Fixes for iPhone/iPad Stuck in Headphone Mode
- Steps to Solve Error 4013/4014 on iPhone 6/7
- 3 Best Data Recovery Software for Damaged Samsung
- iPod Touch Is Disabled, How to Unlock with/without iTunes
- How to Unlock iPad Pro/Air Without Password 2019